19 ; What Now?

*****

I took a long inhale and exhale, letting the air flow through my nostrils and into my body. Warm air filled my lungs as I hauled my strap over my shoulder. I was back in Tetsurō's jacket, having the fabric hang a little past my fingertips. My hand was tightly grasped around my phone, as I stared out into the empty room. Everyone on campus has packed up, some were rushing while others took their time.

"Let's go, Mai." My brother hollered from the end of the hallway. I carefully slide the door close and walk over to my brother, mazing our way through the school.

On the way, we said goodbye to some of the new friends I made and the teachers. Both of us said our farewells to Bokuto and Akaashi, though they were planning to meet up together soon anyways. As we passed by, we met up with the rest of the team, but we weren't the last ones out. We waited beside the bus for Coach Naoi, he was driving us back to the school.

I gaze out just past the bus, admiring the scenery. The sun was just inching above the horizon, the darkness was just about to fall. Although the daytime was scorching, the evening was colder. I swayed in my place, mentally singing a song to myself. My eyes shift around, trying to find interest in anything. I felt a nudge at my shoulder and it was my brother. I looked up at him with a small confused expression, wondering what he might've wanted. He pointed into the entrance of the bus, telling me that it was time to go.

I step up into the bustling bus, just behind Tetsurō. The bus was fairly big, so they filled in from the front instead of the back. Hmm.. I wonder, who shall I sit next to? I scanned over the team and I decided that I'll just sit with Tetsurō. Just as Tetsurō made it into a compartment, he was sitting next to Kai. I furrowed my eyebrows, my plan were just foiled. I took another look around to see Kenma with an empty seat next to him. I'll just sit with Kenma. As I made my way through the aisle and towards Kenma, I didn't notice the smile on my face grew bigger as I got closer. He was in his usual setting - playing games on his phone.

I slid off my gym bag and place it down onto the bus floor. I followed after, dropping myself onto the seat next to him. I took off my jacket and buckled myself in, tucking the jacket just above the bag below. Content, I took another glance over at him, he was very into whatever he was playing. I didn't want to disrupt him so I just preoccupied myself with my phone.

After unlocking my phone, I pondered around my apps, not really thinking about anything important. As the bus started to drive out of the school, I had opened my social media apps. I looked over at some cute posts on my explore page, seeing some of my favourite foods being made too. Though, something did dampen my mood quite a bit; as I scrolled through my feed, I saw a picture of my old classmates at a reunion party. Yes, we only left around three months ago, but everyone had been busy with university and college. My instinct smile slowly faded as they seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were also videos and pictures that I was tagged in, but it made me envy them even more. It would've been fun.

That's right, I've finished school, I'm in Japan. What now?

It hit me like the ball Boktuo spiked, what do I really want to do now? What kind of career do I want to go into? How am I gonna earn money? Do I want to go to university here?

That doesn't sound half bad actually...

I clicked off the app and went onto my phone's web browser. I started to think of my grades from my GCSE - well I did pass all of my subjects. My lowest was English, as if I was ever good at it. Though the rest were fine, ranging from B's to A*'s. What career do I want? I would love something in the performing arts - definitely in dance.