16 : the kiss

When we reached the McCall residence, I was heartbroken to find out that Hayden and Liam had been taken by the Dread Doctors

When we reached the McCall residence, I was heartbroken to find out that Hayden and Liam had been taken by the Dread Doctors. Maybe not so upset about Hayden because she hadn't been that nice to me, but definitely worried about Liam, he was my best friend and I hadn't been there for him when he needed me. Over the past few weeks, we hadn't seen each other as much, and now I realised that I should have reached out to him; should have tried to talk to him because now he was gone and I had no idea whether I would ever see him again.

Malia was the one that told us the news and I almost started crying at the thought of never seeing my best friend again; Mason was at the house too and he hugged me. Promising me that this wasn't my fault and that we would find Liam, everything was going to be okay. But how could it? In Beacon Hills things never seemed to be okay, they just always seemed to be getting worse and I didn't know how I was going to manage if I lost my best friend. Mason had managed to uncover another Chimera called Corey and he seemed nice enough, he went to our school but I didn't recognise him. Once again, I kicked myself for not paying attention because this was another student that I had never seen before.

Now we were stood in the lounge, waiting for Scott who had gone to see Kira after her getting arrested that morning. I tried to keep calm, knowing that Scott would have a plan and would know exactly what to do but I think the others could sense that I wasn't okay because Theo intertwined our fingers. We hadn't had a conversation about us, deciding that our relationship didn't need to be discussed right now but it was nice to know that I could count on him to reassure me; just him holding me hand was enough to calm me down. Then I heard the front door slam shut and I was panicking again, my head turned towards where Scott was walking and I prayed that he knew what he was doing.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles questioned but Scott didn't stop, he just kept walking straight past us, ignoring us as if we weren't there.

"Scott?"

We glanced at each other as Scott ran past us, up the stairs and we tried to follow him but I wasn't as fast as he is. By the time, Malia, Stiles, Theo and I had reached the bedroom; Scott had already stuck his claws into the back of Corey's neck. I wasn't really sure what he was doing because I hadn't seen this being done before but it looked painful, for both of them. Maybe it was something that only supernatural creatures could do, if so, I was glad that I hadn't worked out what I was yet because I didn't like the look of it.

"Don't get too close." Lydia warned, holding up her arm as she saw us approaching the room.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked, obviously thinking the same thing as me.

"Tapping into Corey's memories. It's usually something only Alpha's do."

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?"

Stiles shrugged, leaning on the doorframe. "Probably more."

"Does anyone know if it's working?" He asked another question as everyone had the same fearful expression on their faces; no one knew if it was working.