six

SIX▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SIX
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

OUR EXCHANGE in the car had me brimming with anxiety. why had he been so defensive? i mean, yeah we did technically talk about it before, but with his behavior towards her being more... touchy, i felt like i was justified in asking again—and, if he was smarter, he would've been less obvious, but i guess he had no shame.

"and he cussed at you too?" my mom asked me, softly placing a cup of tea in front of me as she set her own cup down. i had finally revealed to her the situation with jeno and roslin, seeking advice.

she was skeptical at first because she just couldn't wrap her head around jeno, the one she'd hope to call her future son-in-law, openly flirting with a girl in front of me and being unloyal.

after more had been revealed, though, she had started to realize something was very wrong.

i nodded, softly blowing on my tea in thought. after a moment, i finally looked at her again.

"what should i do, mom?"

she sighed at my question and a pitying look was thrown my way. "it sounds like there's no more trust," i only sipped my tea as she continued. "and you're justified in asking him what's up. he's acting weird, and him getting irritated at you mentioning it isn't helping his case. if you literally have a witness confirming how he acts with this girl, how is it you 'being in your head'? he should have apologized to you about the inappropriate behavior instead of snapping at you like a child, it only draws more suspicion to him."

she sipped at her tea this time.

"i think you both should take a break."

my heart had dropped at the statement, because it was the second time it was brought up that day. such a serious decision for something that suddenly felt so minor—at least it did at that point because i didn't want to lose him.

my thoughts from the car swarmed my head again; what others would say and how hurt i would feel not to be his anymore.

i couldn't do it.

even though i definitely should have.

"i... don't think we should take a break, i mean, yeah he's acting weird. but, breaking up? or a break? that just doesn't seem like the best option. like, how does that solve my problems? i'm just gonna be a girl who breaks up with a guy when he's being weird? that doesn't sound right to me..." i ranted, trying to convince my mom—though i know it was more to myself—that breaking up with him was a really bad idea.

i was so blinded by love, it was sick.

mom only frowned as i spoke. "jayde, this is an okay situation to end a relationship out of distrust."

she was right, i acknowledge that now.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃