𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐎. 𝟕 - ,, 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘

🔔

𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐊'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖:

Erik nervously fiddled with his fingers, he was perspiring perfusely, his nerves eating at him like a malevolent parasite. He listened to the rapture playing loudly in the background, one of his compositions of course, but not even that could calm him now. He fixed his tie, gulping hard as he looked around the room. There weren't many people, of course, but some acquaintances had attended the event. Lets see, there was Madame Giry, of course, and Meg Giry, Nadir, and that was really it, besides the priest. Today was a truly momentous day, a day that would go down in history for all of eternity, a day Erik thought would never come, it was his wedding, well, his and Christine's wedding. So now you see why Erik is so anxious and utterly awkward, I mean, he is about to be wed to the love of his life, after all.

The organ had reached its halfway point of the music, meaning it was the time Erik anticipated most. Any second now, the doors would open and out would come Christine. He watched the doors of the sanctuary intently. They were massive, it was a cathedral after all. Suddenly, the doors swung open, and the first thing Erik saw was Nadir, then his eyes darted to the woman standing next to him.

Christine.

Erik held his breath, taking in the sight of Christine in her wedding gown. She looked beautiful, gorgeous, in fact, she looked ethereal. The dress was of Erik's design, of course, though it was tailored to Christine's every want and need, it looked like something in a wardrobe of royalty, the creamy pearl color which collided in perfect unison with her ivory skin, the lace above the bust trailing down to the very hem of the cloth. She looked like an angel with the way the dress trailed, not to mention her hair, in a formal bun with the veil rested right in front of it, two strands of hair pulled out to frame her face. He could go on and on about how utterly magnificent she looked, but there was no time for that, as she and Nadir kept a steady pace, until they reached the stage, where he handed her off to Erik, where he took in her beauty from close up.

He was still in a stage of complete shock when the organ came to a close with the music, in which he finally snapped out of it.

"You look beautiful" He quickly and discreetly whispered, looking into her sapphire eyes, making her blush, before the priest began to speak.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Mr. Erik Destler and Ms. Christine Daae," He spoke, facing them, "Now, for the vows."

Erik cleared his throat a little, quietly chuckling nervously while taking Christine's hands in his,

"Christine, I mean, where do I even start," He mumbled the last bit, feeling the blood pumping in his ears didn't do much to calm his nerves, so he took a deep breath for a moment before continuing,

"Christine Daae, you mean everything to me, you are the glorious dawn sunrise, you are the canary that sings so elegantly outside my window, you are my angel, and will forevermore be my angel. I know that I am supposed to pick something that I love about you, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized, there is not just one thing that I love about you, Christine, I love all of you, every smile, every kiss, no matter how big or how small, I cherish it in my heart forever and ever, for all eternity, which is how long I will love you, Christine. I promise, no matter how many hardships we might face, I am always there, and I am always on your side. I will never stop loving every second that we are together, and no mountain, no ocean, and no mortal or immortal being can stand in the way of our love, and I can assure you that while life can be a hard and grueling process, I am always going to be with you, walking through no mans land, hand in hand with you, because, while I have said it so many times, and I will continue to say it, I love you, and will always love you, Christine Daae." He concluded the vow with a small tear that managed to slip past him, a rare occurrence, though this time, he allowed it.

Now it was Christine's turn, and nerves-wise, she wasn't doing much better. She, too, took a deep breath, clearly flustered and nervous,

"Erik," She breathed shakily, taking a moment to gain her composure before continuing, "There was a time when I was alone, grieving and in a state of pure anguish," She took a moment to take another breath, her hands shaken a little, "But, then I heard you, I felt you, and since then I have never been the same. Erik, you are my inspiration, my muse and my angel of music, not only that but," She took a moment, looking into his eyes, "I love you, more than anything, I've never felt so right about something in my life. I know you, you are loving and gentle and kind, and my best friend, and I don't want to spend my life with anyone else, I don't want there to be a moment of the day where you are not there, I don't want there to be a split second where you don't feel loved, because you are. You deserve so much more than what the world has to offer, and that's a known fact, and I can't give you the moon, I can't give you the stars, the Lord knows I would if I could, but that's besides the point" She sighed, shaking her head as if to clear her brain before speaking again, "But I can give you my love, forever and always, for the rest of time, no matter what, that is my gift to you," She smiled at the end, before leaning in a little closer, a mischevious grin on her face, "And you better like it, because it's non-refundable." She added quietly, an amused expression on Erik's face.

The priest nodded for a moment before speaking, "Now, for the exchanging of the rings."

With that, Nadir presented a velvet pillow, with both rings present on top of it.

Christine was up first this time, reaching over and grabbing Erik's ring, taking his left hand in her own before slipping the ring on his finger, smiling proudly at him.

Erik in turn took her hand holding it for a moment before taking an anxious gulp, reaching for her wedding ring and slipping it on her left ring finger, a smile painted on his face as Christine examined the large diamond with a look of pure shock, making Erik's chest swell with pride.

The priest smiled at them both before speaking once more, "Now, for the important part" He chuckled, "Now, repeat after me, I, Erik Destler, take Christine Daae to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Erik repeated the words, smiling at Christine.

The priest then turned to Christine, making her repeat the same verse,

The priest then looked at them both with a wide grin, "Well, I don't see any objections here" He chuckled, facing Erik, "Erik you may now kiss the bride."

Erik quickly connected their lips in a passionate kiss, his arms wrapping around her waist as her arms wrapped around his neck, the audience, though small, cheering as wedding bells rang in the background, a truly happy ending.

The End.