The Final Battle

(Y/N)'s POV

I wasn't in too much pain. My mask was a little torn, but other than that I was okay.

'I was just holding a tram full of kids with Ruby on the cable with one hand. I can survive hitting two brick walls.'

An orange ball started bouncing towards me. As it reached my face, it started to glow.

'Oh yeah, this is gonna hurt.'

The bomb exploded, tearing my suit apart even more.

I was sent flying through a brick wall. I hit another wall and landed on a pile of bricks.

'Yup. This hurts a lot!'

The Goblin flew in on his glider. He landed in front of me.

"Misery, misery, misery," he said, "that's what you've chosen."

I started to get up.

"I offered you friendship, and you spat in my face," he continued.

He began beating me.

Punching me, kicking me, knocking me to the ground.

Blood was beginning to pour from my mouth.

I knew it was all over.

I began to think of everything that I wanted to do, that I'd never get to do now.

I wanted to graduate from Beacon and become a real huntsman. I wanted to continue helping people for Ben. I wanted to spend time with my team. My friends. I wanted to tell Ruby how much I loved her.

'Guess I can kiss all that goodbye,' I thought.

I tried to shoot a web at him, but he placed his foot against my wrist.

"You've spun your last web, Spider-Man," he said. "Had you not been so selfish, your little girlfriend's death would've been quick and painless. But now that you've really pissed me off, I'm gonna finish her... nice... and slow!"

All my thoughts of sadness and fear were replaced with anger and hatred.

'Now he's done it. He's not going to lay a finger on Ruby!'

The Goblin raised a sword.

"Ruby and I?" he said. "We're gonna have a hell of a time!"

He swung his sword at me.

I grabbed it, just as it was about to pierce my face. I glared at the Goblin, with nothing but hatred in my eyes.

'I am going to kill him!'

I shoved the sword, knocking Goblin against a brick wall.

He started to get up.

I shot webs at his legs, and tripped him. I then shot webs at the wall behind him, knocking it on top of him.

I watched him start to climb out of the rubble.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I swung at him. At the top of my swing, I dropped him against another wall.

I landed in front of him, and started punching him over and over.

I did not plan on stopping. I would not stop until he was dead. Until he couldn't hurt anyone else.

"(Y/N)! Stop! Stop! It's me!" the Goblin said, except not in the usual voice I love to hate.

'What?' I thought.

He started to take off his mask, revealing himself as Norman Osborn.

"Mr. Osborn?" I knew he had something to do with the Goblin, but I didn't think he was the Goblin.

"(Y/N), please listen to me!" he pleaded.

"You killed those people on that balcony!" I said.

"The Goblin killed them! I had nothing to do with it! D-Don't let him take me again! I beg you, (Y/N)! Protect me!"

"You tried to kill Weiss. You tried to kill Ruby."

"I would never hurt Weiss! I love her like a daughter!"

"Why should I believe you?!"

"Please! I know we don't really know each other. We've never really even met! But you have to believe me, I'd never hurt Weiss, or any of her friends. I tried to stop it, but I couldn't stop it. I'd never hurt you guys."

I guess I should've noticed him pressing a button on his arm as he talked.

"I knew that if anything happened to me, it was Weiss and her friends that I could count on. You guys would save me, and so you have."

He started to stand up.

"Thank God for you. Bring me to Weiss please. I want to see her. Please, (Y/N). I've been like a father to Weiss. I promise, I can make it all up. I can be like a father to you, too!"

It was those words that made me realize something. When Ben died, I didn't lose a brother. I lost a father. He'd raised me, taught me everything I know. And though I did believe Norman at the time, I didn't want any father other than Ben.

"I have a father," I said. "His name was Ben (L/N)."

Norman was silent for a moment.

"God speed, Spider-Man," he said in the Grimm Goblin's voice.

My Spider Sense started to tingle again.

The glider came flying at me, its sharp edges on their way to impale me.

I leapt over the glider as it made its way over to Norman.

He rose his hands.

"Oh."

The glider smashed against him, pinning him against the wall.

He began to groan in pain. Blood began spilling from his mouth.

He started to slouch over. He looked up at me.

"(Y/N)," he said. "Don't tell Weiss."

He collapsed against his glider, blood pouring from his mouth.

It was over.