Chapter 31 - Excitement

Mallika's POV

The next day I woke up with a huge smile on my face. This was new!

The reason of my newfound happiness was the excitement of Dau's and Kira's engagement.

It was supposedly a 'work' day for me, so I got ready for the day and went downstairs to chat with my parents before Sumedh came to pick me up.

I wasn't all that depressed today as I had a few things to mull over and make sure Kira meets my parents.

Sumedh arrived and we set off to the office.

I plopped down on the sofa as soon as we entered his painting area. I took out my writing pad and started making a sort of check list for thing I needed to arrange for Kira and Dau's engagement.

"Wow, it hasn't been two days since you agreed to be my girlfriend and you're ignoring me already. How will this relationship work? God, help me!" Sumedh exclaimed with his hand to his forehead. I shook my head at his antics. 

But he was right. I had to do something for him as well. He has been perfect so far. Let Kira and Dau's engagement get over. I'm going to show him my talents as well.

I set the notepad and the pen on the table and walked up to him. His back was facing me, so I wrapped my arms around him from behind. 

"The exhibition is nearing. And I don't see you being productive with your paintings. So be productive and let me be productive as well." 

I kissed him on his cheeks and went to sit with my notepad in my lap.

"Did Dau inform your parents, by the way?" I inquired.

Sumedh let out a loud laugh.

"Dau?!"

He laughed again. I frowned. What's wrong with him?!

He calmed down and explained.

"Dau's going to be so shy. I'll have to do everything."

This time, I was the one who laughed in agreement. I honestly couldn't imagine Dau trying to explain he loves someone.

Sumedh got back to his paintings, while I spent a good amount of time trying to look for decorations. When I got bored, I just stared at Sumedh until he would sense me watching him and he would smirk at me.

I also applied for a few jobs. I have enough savings for the wedding and stuff, but I don't like staying idle either.

After a while, we both got hungry and decided to meet up with Dau and Kira for lunch.

We talked about how we were going to announce the news to our families, which involved us teasing Dau a lot.

Talking about the engagement reminded me that I had no idea where Dau and Kira were the night Sumedh and I were together. I made a mental note to get Kira to tell me all te details later on.

When we finished lunch, Sumedh and I went back to his office. This time, I took the time to do a bit of studying and I was also preparing myself for the conversation which was about to take place between my parents, Kira and I.

Kira called once she was done with work. Sumedh was still busy with his research. I smiled. He was very hard working. I looked at the time.

5.30 pm. Doesn't look like he's going to finish anytime soon.

I walked up to him and kept a chocolate bar on the table. He looked up and smiled.

"Thank you!" He said quietly.