It's The Little Things That Counts

"Is she gonna be okay?" Sana asks the doctor while staring at Jihyo's senseless form laying rather comfortably on the hospital cod, her chest heaved, rise, and swell effortlessly.

"She will be okay. She has Mild Encephalitis, Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain. There are several causes, but the most common is viral infection. Encephalitis often causes only mild flu-like signs and symptoms — such as a fever or headache — or no symptoms entirely. " The doctor stated fixing his white cloak with a smile on his face, adding on his professional image.

"But in the patient's case, it will take mostly two to four weeks of recovery with bed rest and plenty of fluids." the doctor uttered.

"When will she wake up?" Sana inquiries, fixing her posture to appear more decent,

"Not long from now, she passed out, for she
was exhausted."

"Is that so, "

"I believe I declared what is need to be declared, I'll excuse myself. " he excuses himself, remedying his snow-like cloak before having his first step outside the room.

"Thank you, " Sana muttered her gratitude even when the doctor can no longer hear it.

"It must be that day, " guilt rushes through her veins, recollecting the day when she first met Jihyo.

Biting her tongue to feel some kind of punishment and to dull her feelings of remorse.

As she's lost on her own ocean of thoughts, a rapid banging on the door was heard. It shocks Sana making her let out a faint scream, placing her hand on her left chest she feels her heartbeat fastened.

She stands up and walks slowly on the door since she doesn't know what is lurking behind. Twisting the knob, Sana was stunned to perceive a gentleman. His face alone already brought Sana on the side as she outspread the door for the guy to step in.

The said male impatiently sprint on Jihyo's bed, kneeling as he hugs her side. He feels a sense of relief seeing his love completely fine and unharmed. He feels a presence behind him but ignored it solely.

Sana just stands at the side after closing the door, observing the two human beings reunited in spite of one of them being unconscious.

'He really cared about her,' sana thought, a small smile appeared on her face whilst her guilt deepens. She wants to bring herself to him and actually apologize and confess why his love of interest is lying unconscious and is currently having an ailment but as always she doesn't have the courage.

She didn't realize that he is already eyeing her, with a rather confused and suspicious look. Nipping on her lower lip, she said nothing waiting for the guy to start the conversation.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to my girlfriend and who are you?" Still glaring at Sana, the guy stands up and regains his proper posture still holding Jihyo's hand.

"It seems she has mild encephalitis, according to the doctor she will recover for two to four weeks." She spoke up, shoving her hands on the pocket of her blazer.

"When will she regain consciousness?" He tightens his hold on her hands, calming himself after hearing reassurance to an entirely unknown woman.

"She passed out from exhaustion, she will wake up not long from now." Her hands inside her blazers turn into balls, as she contemplates wethers is it necessary to introduce herself or not.

"And I suppose, you are Jihyo's coworker?" He asks, his shoulder became relax as he is now able to breathe freely. His world nearly crushed when he calls her girlfriend only to be answered by a complete stranger declaring his girlfriend is in the hospital.

"Uhm, I am actually Jihyo's boss-" Sana lowered her head, she feels her hands inside her blazer's pocket getting warmer as her hands began to moist.

"I request her presence, for I need to express my gratitude not expecting that she's gonna faint out of the blue." She asserted,

"Oh, You are- I am Daniel by the way, Jihyo's boyfriend."

" I am aware, Jihyo already told me that." She smiled, specifically fake smiled.

"Ow, so you guys know each other?" Daniel tilted his head to the side catching a glimpse of his lady's angelic face. Recalling whether she had mentioned being a friend of her boss or not.

"We just met once," Sana answered,

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you need to thank Jihyo for?" He asks, he himself is rather intrigued by what is the reason why a boss needs to express gratitude to it's inferior to the extent of actually requesting Jihyo's presence for a simple thank you.

"It's the little actions that count, " she smiles genuinely as she breathes deeply.

"I am Minatozaki Sana, by the way." She left the room, feeling reassured that someone is taking over her duty of watching over Jihyo.

Sana just wishes that she can do the same thing as what Jihyo did to her, small actions make Sana so delighted. She realized why Jihyo had left such an unerasable mark on her heart.

"Dahyun,"

-

if u end up liking this chapter, please leave a vote (◕ᴗ◕✿) it's really flattering  ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄. Thank you so muchz ಥ‿ಥ.