Prologue

*Thud, Thud * pounded his feet onto the edges of the Yatsuko Bridge, as Hashikawa Hitori, a high school student from Sakurasou Gakuen, stood and gazed upon the darkness that befell upon his eyes...

"Still nothing...nothing in sight. I guess this ends my search for the sole light of my last two years. I'm here now, Mom, Dad. I can finally join you..." he muttered with despair, shriveling by the gust of the frosty winter air.

Amidst that dead night, overflowed waves of silences, as there was no one in sight. Alone at the bridge, Hitori's damaged left eye started to tear up. He lifted up his bangs, exposing the dreary eye onto the vast space of stars, as he took one final look at them before jumping off the bridge.

"With this...my adventures come to an end. I don't regret spending it with you guys" he said with a smile, slowly descending from the bridge to the silent waves of the crying waters beneath. It was then at the spur of a moment, when his descent suddenly halted to a stop, by the sudden touch of a girl's hands firmly gripping his own.

"Why Hashikawa-kun? Why...?" cried the girl, tightening her grip till the last bit of her strength. She slowly pulled him back up, driving herself into exhaustion and causing her to fall on her knees. "Why haven't you said anything?!" she yelled at him with indescribable pain inside.

Failing at his suicide attempt, Hitori was ultimately puzzled. But even though he can't explain the things that just happened, he felt the immense sorrow emanating from the girl's tears, as she continued to weep. He walked towards her and lifted up her face. Upon the sight of a familiar face, he shouted in great surprise...

"Wait, you are...!"