chapter twenty-nine

season one ; episode seven { Dead Calm }
chapter twenty-nine

season one ; episode seven { Dead Calm }chapter twenty-nine

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ]

THE POGUES SAT IN THE VAN outside the pawn shop to pawn in the gold bar that Kiara had melted down to give to the woman behind the counter, hopefully for a shitton of money.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ spoke as he lifted the gold out of the van.

"Like you could've done better."

"I could have. I took a welding class."

"When?"

John B placed a hand on JJ's shoulder. "Chill out, okay?"

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." He lifted up the gold that was wrapped in a blue cloth. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"'Cause you're the best liar." Pope then looked down at Brooklyn. "As is Brooklyn but John B won't let her do it, so..."

"Such bullshit."

JJ pushed open the door, the other five following him in. "Afternoon, ma'am. I see you buy gold."

"That's what the sign say, don't it?"

"Well, I sure hope you but a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ placed his backpack on the counter and rummaged around for the gold.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it."

He placed the gold down on the counter. "How about them gold apples?"

She chuckled, shaking her head. "That ain't real."

"That ain't real? Feel how heavy it is."

The pawnbroker struggled to pick up the heavy amount of gold off the counter. "Mmh."

"Let's get some light on that."

The woman shone the light over the gold. "Spray-painted tungsten." She threw the light back down on the counter, still not convinced.

"Spray-painted tungsten? Really? Okay. Why don't you feel how soft it is?" JJ then suggested.

"You mind?" She asked the blonde, holding up a pin and small hammer in her hand.