/Chapter 40/

Chaeyoung PoV

It's already night when I decided to go home. I bid goodbye to them and walk by myself.

After few minutes I arrived at the house and saw dad talking to someone.

"Hi, dad." I greeted.

The woman who's talking to my dad turned and so I saw her.

"Oh Hi uh Tzuyu's Mom," I said

"Hello, Chaeyoung." She said and hugged me.

"Uh, Tzuyu is in the dorm if you're here to ask where she is. She's fine don't worry." I said with a smile.

"Chaeyoung," Dad called me up.

"Hmm?"

"I know it's not the right time. But, you need to know this already." dad said causing me to frown.

"What is it?" I asked.

Dad sighed first and it took few minutes before she answered.

"She's your mother."

"H-huh?"

"She's here to meet you. I know it's not the time. But you need to accept things Chaeyoung. Your mom would tell you this if she's here also." Dad said.

I looked down as I stopped myself cause I know I'm going to cry sooner. I clenched my fist and chuckled bitterly.

"Are you kidding me? This woman? The mother of my friend is my mother? The one who's also had the ability to see that fucking red strings?"

"CHAEYOUNG YOUR MOUTH!"

"What? Did I say something wrong?! All my life I believed that you and the mother I used to know are meant for each other because of that stupid strings! Now you're telling me that she's my mother?! And telling me to accept this?! How can you reassure me that my mom would be glad to see her here in our house? She abandoned me, dad! She left m-"

I didn't finish my sentence as I received a slap from my dad. I looked at him and saw that he's being held by Tzuyu's mom.

"Don't show to her that I didn't raise you well Chaeyoung! She's your mother!"

"Mother? She can't even tell what I want. What are my favorites, what are the things that make me upset, what I hate! Coz you know why? She left me. She's the person that should raise me. She let me come with you just to be with another guy. The mother I know is now dead and she's the one who took care of me and knows me so well." I said and went to my room.

So my father is the one who's Tzuyu's mom referring in her story. But I can't understand. I clearly saw the strings are connected to my mom and dad. But why?

I just slammed myself on my bed as I locked the door.

I close my eyes and tried to forget what happened a while ago. I just can't accept why he can't understand that!

~~~~~~~~~~
Third Person

Chaeyoung woke up as she heard her alarm. She immediately went off her bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

As she finished her stuff, she leaves the house without saying goodbye to her dad.

As she arrived at the school, Dahyun and Tzuyu greeted her but she's not in the mood to greet her back especially to Tzuyu.

The class started and the two noticed that Chaeyoung is not in herself, whenever the professor is trying to call her she's not responding.

"I'm sorry sir, she's not feeling well today. Maybe she needs to go to the clinic." Tzuyu said as an excuse when the professor came close to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung is still not responding just staring down.

"Ok, Tzuyu brings her to the clinic." The professor said.

Tzuyu nodded and held Chaeyoung hand as they made their way to the clinic.

"What's wrong with you Chaeyoung? You've been spacing out since the class started." Tzuyu asked as they stopped in the middle of the hallway.

Since the class is still ongoing, the students are in their respective rooms so it's just Tzuyu and Chaeyoung in the hallway.

"Hey, Chaeyoung?" Tzuyu asked because Chaeyoung is still not responding.

"Yah What's your prob-"

"Your mother! Your mother is my problem! Did you know already? The truth?"

"W-what-"

"Of course you already knew it. You just want me to know it by myself right? That's why you said that I should be asking my dad instead." Chaeyoung said bitterly.

"So what? You should be glad that y-"

"Glad? Tzuyu are you hearing yourself? Your mother left me and now going back because the mother I met just died. Tell me what I should be glad of about that?!"

"Chaeyoung she didn't leave you!"

"She did Tzuyu! She's just thinking about herself! She left me to meet another guy which is your father! If she didn't leave me maybe these things are not happening. Maybe I didn't believe that my mom and dad are meant for each other and living each other truly! And if she didn't leave me maybe-"

"Maybe I'm not here Chaeyoung," Tzuyu said and stared at the latter sternly.

Chaeyoung stopped upon hearing Tzuyu's word.

"Why are you acting up like this huh? Why you're acting like you're the one who's affected here? It should be me Chaeyoung. It should be me who's feeling that. But I need to understand what is happening because I know that that is the only thing I can do to settle these things up!" Tzuyu exclaimed and started to cry.

"I should be the one who's feeling what you're feeling right now. You know why? I grew up and my mom told me everything. The truth. That she just married my dad because her parents said so. Yes, she loved my dad but the love she keeps for your father has nothing to say with my father. I'm just lucky coz my mom didn't treat me like trash. She didn't leave me. By that, I know that she didn't mean to left you. She sacrificed her time being with you just to make your so-called mother happy! Now tell me, do you think she did it for her own good?"

"You shouldn't be like that. I should be the one Chaeyoung. Coz after this all I'm going to be an extra in your family. Your dad your mom and you. And here I am, just an extra." Tzuyu said emphasizing every word that she's throwing.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung just stayed in silence.

As Tzuyu realizes that she had nothing to say anymore, She left Chaeyoung. She's about to go back to their room when she saw Dahyun looking at them.

"Leave her for the meantime. She needs time to think." Tzuyu said to Dahyun and continue to walk back to their room.

Dahyun took a last glimpse on Chaeyoung who's still in her position and not even moving. Dahyun just sighed and followed what Tzuyu told her.