don't be scared

you looked at the time on your phone: 4:10 AM. for the past week you had been staying up until the sun rose. why? you didn't want to sleep in the dark (but didn't want to keep your light on for the entire night), and you were scared of getting nightmares. when the sun rose, you admitted defeat.

alex had never noticed, due to the fact that he was usually busy with editing youtube videos, streaming, or just talkikg to his friends. however, tonight was different.

alex had walked into your room and noticed that you were trembling and trying to fight off sleep. he instantly felt concerned, and you felt the bed dip once he sat on it.

"what's wrong?" the black haired boy asked, patting your back. "i'm scared," you admitted as you looked up at him with you (e/c) eyes that were bloodshot from sleep deprivation. "of what?" alex responded, tilting his head.

"i'm scared of the dark and i'm scared of getting nightmares," you explained, "i've been staying up until really late because of it for the past week or so." "how late?" alex quizzed, concerned. "until like 6 am," you replied ashamedly.

"aw, (y/n)," alex cooed sympathetically. he took you in his arms, and carried you as he turned off the lamp in your bedroom. just as he was about to turn off the light, you felt tears form in your eyes, and some managed to fall onto alex's pajama shirt.

"aww no don't cry, don't be scared," alex whimpered. "everything is okay, i promise, you're safe. it's okay to be scared, but i'm here and you're gonna be alright, i promise," alex reassured.

he then turned off the light. you felt scared and jolted a little, but alex softly hushed you and patted your back. he then sat down on the bed, and you were still in his arms.

he then rocked side to side, ran his fingers through your (h/c) hair, and softly sang to you.

you started to feel your eyes droop, and after alex placed a kiss on your head, you had fell fast asleep in his arms.