@ lochnessymonster

He wondered if she felt the connection, too.

Vanessa and Haylee had gone to sleep extremely early to prepare for the start they'd have that morning. Waking up at four-thirty, the two girls had quick showers, took out the outfits they had planned and did their makeup beside one another in the wall-length bathroom mirror. The pair desperately wanted to get there early, seeing as Schlatt offered to meet them- well, Haylee- to get the prints.

Vanessa wore black shorts with sheer black tattoo tights underneath. Leather garter belts and a matching belt kept the shorts tight to her hips, which also covered where she had her black criss cross neckline shirt tucked in. Finally, a red corduroy jacket was slung over her shoulders, matching her dark red platform boots. Her makeup was very subtle, with faded red lipstick, blush and eyeshadow to match, mainly serving to accentuate her classic shiny gloss and the highlights in the inner corners of her eyes, nose and cheekbones. Her hair was out and had been pin-straightened. Despite her confident appearance, her stomach was filled with butterflies and she kept pulling down the hem of her shorts.

Haylee decided to stick with her usual fashion aesthetic, wearing her white Sydney Hard Rock Cafe shirt underneath a vintage brown leather jacket. A pair of light wash skinny jeans clung to her long legs, with rips starting from mid-thigh going to her mid-shin, revealing her white fishnets. Lastly, she had checkered vans on, along with extremely light makeup and a backwards white cap over her beachy waves.

The two girls grabbed their respective bags, including their purses, phones, keycards and the VIP tickets (along with Vanessa holding the prints in a plain cardboard bag) and headed out, walking the short distance to the convention centre. When they arrived, there was a sizable amount of people for six in the morning, but they joined the line and began chatting, with Haylee sharing her AirPods.

Half an hour later, a very large amount of people had arrived, and the doors finally opened, releasing them from the chilly air as the passes were given out. Haylee and Vanessa linked arms, holding their VIP passes tight in their hands as the distance between them and the convention centre got smaller and smaller. In their ears, Haylee's cover of What The Hell by Avril Lavigne was playing, making the two girls dance dorkily. The group of boys behind them were snickering, but once Haylee began singing out loud, their giggles fell to a stop- being either impressed or reprimanded by someone else, they didn't bother to look.

At last, they reached the front door at around seven, holding out their passes to be scanned. They were handed black lanyards with their passes, making them both dance even more with excitement. The woman who had given them the passes laughed, handing them each an additional white card, "Now don't lose this, it's for today's event," before stepping to the side and allowing them in after a compliment to their moves. Haylee and Vanessa entered the building with a blast of warm air, both girls sighing with relief, pocketing their cards and putting on the lanyards.

"Alright, so, Schlatt said to meet over at the Lunch Club booth," Vanessa said, dropping her arm from Haylees and beginning to walk straight down the convention centre, looking around at the multiple booths that had content creators, developers and merchandisers alike sitting in them. "Uhhhm, over there," she pointed, nudging Haylee, who nodded and took the bag of prints from Vanessa's hand.

"Alright, so I just give it to him?" The blonde girl questioned, reaching over and plucking the AirPod from Vanessa's ear. The shorter girl nodded with a thumbs up, and Haylee turned around, tucking her AirPods into their pink case and dropping them in her bag. She made her way towards the booth, spotting Carson, Noah and Cooper sitting down and chatting with one another, furrowing her eyebrows when she couldn't see Schlatt. Instead, she decided to continue forwards and ask the boys where he went as she had a delivery.

As Vanessa waited for Haylee, she leant against one of the tall concrete support beams, playing with the hem of her jacket with one hand, the other still pulling down the hem of her shorts down her thighs and humming the tune of That's What You Get by Paramore. She was so busy drawing shapes with the toe of her boot that she didn't notice as a man leant on the pole beside her until he spoke, "Come here often?"

The voice made Vanessa jump, and she looked to her right, seeing a man's chest. She let her eyes raise up to meet his face, framed with fluffy brown hair, wearing a Yankees cap and a pink hoodie standing beside her. Realisation settled in her chest, making her lips part with shock, "Uhm- hello to you too, sir," she greeted, a nervous smile appearing as she let her fingers curl into her jacket sleeves. The man flashed her a smile, holding a hand out to shake, which she hesitantly welcomed.

"I'm JSchlatt."