𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

TWENTY FIVE
"DO YOU WANNA DANCE?"

-

"Kristy! you look so pretty!"

Kristy has just walked into the large tent that the party was being held in, looking rushed.

"I love your dress! Turn around so we can see it"

Kristy smiled as she spun in a circle for the girls to see the whole dress.

"How do you feel?" Julia asked, and Kristy hesitated, "fine. I feel fine."

Kristy looked at all of the girls, "Have you guys seen my mom?"

"I think she's still doing photos" Mary Anne replied.

"Guys, look at that!" Stacey said, and everyone looked where she was looking to see Richard and Sharon, laughing with each other and eating cake.

"Think he will propose tonight?"

"he has had like... one-third of a glass of champagne, anything can happen." Mary Anne said, and everyone laughed.

A loud noise from the microphone came, and everyone looked up to see Esme stood at the front. "And now, presenting the happy couple, Watson and Elizabeth Brewer!"

Everyone clapped as Watson and Elizabeth walked in, arm in arm, and went to have their first dance.

"They're really in love" Claudia said softly, and Kristy nodded a little, "yeah, they are"

"I wish Trevor was here" Claudia sighed, and Stacey did similar, "I miss Toby. He's probably a great dancer"

"Julia"

Julia turned around to see Sam walking towards her, his hands in his pockets.

"Do you wanna dance?" he asked.

Julia grinned, "I'd love to" she said, starting to follow him.

"Ok then, that's the last time we see Julia tonight" Stacey joked, and Julia turned around, "I heard you!" she said, and Stacey laughed, "you were meant to hear me"

Julia shook her head and headed over to Sam, who was waiting at the edge of the space for dancing.

Julia smiled softly as he put his hands around her waist, and she put hers on his shoulders, and they started to sway a little in time to the music, deciding not to do any more than that because they were both not good enough dancers to try anything else.

Julia knew the whole time that the other girls were watching them carefully, waiting for something to happen, but Julia didn't care, and leaned her head on Sam's shoulder as they danced, and Julia was almost sure that she heard the girls awing.

The song soon ended, and they decided to go and get some cake, and walked over to the table with slices of cake on it, not realising that they were hand in hand, or that Stacey had just taken a photo of them because she "found it cute"

They found somewhere to sit down and started to talk.

"You look really pretty in that dress" Sam said, smiling. Julia felt herself blushing, and was thankful for the dim lighting, hoping that Sam wouldn't notice.

"So what's your room like at Watson's house?" she asked, and Sam grinned, "it's huge like... double the size of my old room"

Julia's eyes widened, "that's massive" she said, laughing and eating a piece of her cake, her eyes widening, "this cake is so good!"

"what flavour did you get?" Sam asked, and Julia shrugged, "chocolate I think... whatever it is, it's amazing"

"Nice, I got vanilla" Sam said, "want to try some?" he asked, and Julia took a small piece on her fork, holding out her plate for him to do the same.

"You're right, this is really good!" Sam said, Julia nodding in agreement.

Soon enough, they had both finished their cake, and put their plates down on the table they were sitting at.

"Wait, I love this song!" Julia said, as one of her favourite songs started to play.

"Let's go dance then" Sam said, standing up and bowing to her dramatically, offering her his hand.

Julia laughed, taking hold of his hand and letting him lead her back to the dance floor, where they both started to dance around, laughing as they almost stumbled over.

Julia saw Kristy run out, and she looked at Sam, "I'll be back in a moment" she said, and he nodded, before Julia was running out after the other girls.

The other girls were stood outside the toilet, and Julia looked at them all, "what's happened?" she mouthed, and Mary Anne replied with, "she got her period"

Kristy soon opened the door, her eyes wide when she saw everyone was stood outside.

"oh, great. you're all here"

"Why wouldn't we be? We're your friends, and this is a big moment" Dawn shrugged.

"We've all been through it" Claudia said, "Now you can commiserate"

"And bring your own feminine products to camp"

"how do you feel?"

"Like I want more cake" Kristy said, grinning.

A car horn honked, and Kristy's eyes widened again, and she rushed off again outside, to see the car with her mother and Watson in it pulling away.

"Dude, where have you been? Moms been looking for you" Sam said to Kristy, and she walked straight past him, through the crowd of people holding sparklers, everyone but Julia following after her.

"Was everything okay in there?" Sam asked, and Julia nodded, "Yeah, it was all good"

They stood with each other for a minute, right until Elizabeth got back into the car and everyone applauded as they drove away.

Julia smiled up at Sam, and he leaned forward and kissed her softly. It was a short kiss, but Julia was taken by surprise upon hearing the click of one of the wedding photographers taking a photo of them.

Julia laughed softly, "thats going to take a little explaining to your mom" she said, and Sam nodded, a grin plastered on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED
(based on wether or not there is another season
of the babysitters club)

//