/Chapter 42/

Chaeyoung's PoV

It's our lunchtime when I decided to talk to our professor to excuse me because I'm not feeling well, gladly they allowed me to go home but Instead of going home, I went to the treehouse to stay there.

While staying there and reading the things I wrote in my notebook. I'm keeping myself busy to forget what happened a while ago. I didn't expect that Tzuyu and I will go through that. I didn't expect her to see it like that.

While looking for something in my cabinet, I saw the letter that my dad gave me which he said that my mother left for me before she died.

I just looked at the envelope asking myself if should I open that or not.

I just sighed and I get the letter that my dad gave me and opened it. I know this penmanship and it's really from my mom.

Dear Chaeyoung,

As you read this maybe I'm not here already. I just want you to know that I really love you, baby. You are the best baby in the world that I ever had. I know as you read this you already know the truth about yourself. I know it also. Since the day you told me that you can see red strings. But that thing didn't stop me to love you, baby. I found out about the Chaesung exchange between you and my real daughter after her death. I do understand him. That time I'm so depressed because of my parents and if I find out that I lost my daughter would be more depressing. Having you in my life is really a blessing baby. Please don't be mad at your father. He just did it to protect me. I really love your father. But I know that he's in love with some else. We married each other because of our parents' contract. And I know that he's not meant for me. Anyway, you'll understand it sooner. Please be safe always baby. I'll be guiding you to get what you deserve. To get who you deserve. I love you, baby. And you'll always be my baby till the end.

I just stared at the letter trying to sink in what the letter trying to say to me. I didn't even realize that I'm crying already.

Mom, I miss you already.

I miss every time you're calling me your baby.

I want you to be with me again.

Why do you have to leave me?

I can't understand why this thing needs to happen.

Thoughts continue to come in my mind as I continue to cry also.

I went to the mattress and lay there and just continue to cry until I fell asleep.

"Chaeyoung."

I looked around as I realize that I'm dreaming again but this time, I'm not in the place where I'm in before.

"Chaeng baby."

I looked back and saw a mom who's smiling at me. As I saw her I immediately went closer to her and hug her.

"Eomma! I missed you! Please come back. I need you!" I exclaimed as I started to cry while hugging her.

"Baby I can't, you know that. I'm here to say something to you." She said And wiped my tears.

"Remember I said when I gave the bracelet to you? That we'll help you. I know you're smart to know what I mean. I love you, baby." She said and suddenly she disappeared.

I tried to look around for her but she's nowhere to be found. Until I went to a place that something familiar, the wide plain place.

"You're here....again." I heard a voice behind me.

I looked back and saw the girl.

"I-i... Hi."

"Are you ok? Seems like you've seen a ghost." She said and laugh.

"Can I talked to you again?" I asked

"Sorry I can't, I need to go by-"

"Wait!" I yelled and held her hand.

"I really need to go."

I stopped as I landed my gaze on her hand and noticed a thing that made me shocked

The bracelet...

M-mina?

"Mina!" I yelled as I woke up and catching my breath.

I looked around and find no one here in the treehouse except me.

I noticed that I'm being wrapped by a blanket. But as far as I remember I didn't uh nevermind.

I stood up and get my notebook as I write what I remember.

I dreamed again and now it's something new. While dreaming I can feel that the girl is just in my place. I mean seems like we're just in one place but when I woke up I saw nothing. I also saw the girl wearing a familiar bracelet. It's a bracelet with a red thread made by my mom. The only person I know is Mina. I gave it to her.

Is it really Mina?

Mina's PoV

While calming myself here in Chaeyoung's treehouse I heard my phone rung and saw it was Bambam who's calling. I immediately answered it.

"Hello, Bambam? I've been calling and texting you why you didn't answer any of my calls?" I asked

["Mina I need to talk to you."]

"Sure, I also want to see you. Let's meet at ***** ok?"

["Ok I'll wait for you there."] he said and hang up the call.

I stood up and looked at Chaeyoung who's crying but still sleeping.

I guess she's having a dream

"Hey chaeyoung stop, you're just dreaming," I said and wiped her tears.

After few minutes she stopped and became calm.

"I need to go Chaeyoung," I said and left the treehouse.

After that, I get a cab and went to the place where Bambam and I about to meet.

After few minutes I arrived there.

"Bambam I missed you," I said and hugged him.

It took minutes before he hugs me back but I just shrugged it off.

"What happened to you? You're not answering my phone calls and texts." I asked him.

"Mina let's break up."