Chapter 1: Zagan

The Weasley's won the lottery, or whatever the wizards called it. It was an exciting day for everyone involved as the Weasleys began packing to go to Egypt. Mrs. Weasley kept asking if we would be okay here for a month, and we always told her the same thing, "Don't worry about us. Just go enjoy your time."

The day they finally left it was eerily quiet at the Burrow. That was until Derrick and Leo let off a group of fireworks they had been making over the past few weeks and almost set the house on fire.

Percy had to put out a small fire that had started on the very top of the house and from then on Leo and Derrick were told no more explosions. That of course left us to train and just spend quality time together.

A few days into our freedom, Pip, Victoria and I's owl, flew into the burrow with a letter hooked to her foot. I took it off gently and smiled as Pip nibbled lightly on my ear. The letter was addressed in gold ink, and I knew immediately it was from Hecate.

"Guys," I called, grabbing everyone's attention. Annabeth set down the pot she was cleaning, and everyone else filed into the tiny kitchen. "Hecate sent us a letter."

"Well, read it then," Bianca said, looking slightly disappointed. I understood why. Victoria hadn't exactly written to any of us. She wrote one letter to me at the beginning of the summer, but other than that, she had been silent.

I opened the letter before clearing my throat and starting.

Dear Demigods,

I hope you are enjoying your freedom to train. I found it hard to find a reason for the Weasley's to leave, and I sure do hate rigging the Daily Prophet draw. Anyhow, I have some news.

Apollo and I have been working quite hard back in your time to make sure you look the right age, but don't relapse into health issues of the past. We had hoped that you would spend the next few years without having to worry about anything as daunting as what you have gone through before.

However, after further inspection, one of you has a problem that can't be fixed. I'm sure you will realize who this affects. It won't be near as bad as last time, but shoving two years of pain into one might be a little taxing.

-Hecate-

I frowned at that. It didn't sound like something that was just merely taxing. I looked around the kitchen to see a few ashen faces. Others just looked confused. "Who could it be talking about?" Annabeth asked.

"It must be at around thirteen to fourteen range in age," My mom suggested, "I mean, I died, but that's not exactly an ongoing struggle."

"Yeah, none of us have any massive struggles. Annabeth didn't you and Percy hold up the sky for a while?" Will asked.

"Wrong age, and it wouldn't be a two year problem," Percy said. All the demigod's eyes fell on us legacies. We were all looking between each other.

Owen and I met eyes, and it clicked. "Victoria," We said at the same time, slight concern leaking into our voices.

"Huh, why her?" Will asked.

Owen looked over at me to explain. I didn't exactly think Victoria would want me to give them the details. After all, she barely gave me all the details. "When Victoria turned twelve she was kidnapped. Well, willingly taken hostage, but same difference honestly." I took a deep breath, "It took us almost a year to find her, and in that time she had been poisoned with, what was it called?"

"Undersea coral. Merely another coral to all mortals and most demigods except children of Poseidon or his majorly close relatives," Owen answered. "For them it slowly replaces all the water in their bloodstream, slowly killing them."

The faces of those around us looked shocked and some were disgusted by the idea. "It gets worse. We found her on her thirteenth birthday nearly dead in the sea of monsters. We were able to get her out and seep the poison out after a few rounds of surgery, but it was a long year of recovery. She'll be weaker than ever. Maybe tired. We just all have to keep an eye out for her."

I looked up after that and found a large assortment of looks. Percy was by far taking this the worst. He was muttering something under his breath as Annabeth walked over to make sure he didn't blow up a part of the Weasley's plumbing.

I sat numb where I was. I hated when she was weak because she was never like herself then. She would constantly keep her feelings to herself and always pushed people away. The only reason we had started dating then was that I nearly forced her to be open with me. I wasn't prepared to see her like that again.

"I'll write to her. Anyone else that wants to should as well," I said, heading back to the shed quickly before anyone could say anything else. I plopped down on my bed, burying my head into the pillow and holding back a scream. I sat up and started writing hoping she would write back for once.

Percy, Annabeth, Bianca, and Owen came in to hand me letters they had written leaving me to pass on the news about Hecate's revelation.