Chapter One

// i'll add a song rec in this section to spice it up a little, so this chapter's is "sriracha" by bbno$ , i hope you enjoy! :) 

Every person was born with it, every single person had it. Some believed it was destiny, others said it was just magic. But we gave it a name, the shoko, and it meant soulmate. I believe the old folk tale that told a story of a girl somewhere near my age, and she was so lonely that she created a necklace to find her love.

Or that is at least that is what they say.

Personally the story sounds a little cliche to me, but it kind of reflected my current life. Sitting around waiting for my perfect teenage dream boyfriend to pop out from the middle of nowhere and spice up my life a little.

Don't get me wrong though, my life isn't bad at all. Well... at least currently. I had all the drama that your average highschooler had, all the breakdowns, and all the memories with my friends. I think I can actually remember the exact moment when I received my shoko in the mail on my 10th birthday. My parents were extremely excited when I opened it up and we were able to see the shape it was in, and if I had met them already at some point in my childhood. Personally I was wishing that it was my old childhood friend who I was convinced that we were meant to be.

So now my daydreams mainly consisted of a dreamy guy walking through the door and it would be just like some romcom that I binge watch on the weekends. Which I guess is actually not that bad since it helped me survive during all the boring lectures.

Speaking of which, I had like three today and so I better start thinking of a plot for my daydreams. You know, to keep it interesting and new.

My classroom was fairly boring since my homeroom teacher didn't put many decorations on the wall. The only things that were on the walls were those shitty quotes from 'classic literatures' that were supposed to inspire us to be intellectual.

Speaking of my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Dansi wasn't in the room yet. Which was weird but not concerning. More and more kids began to gather around desks and the chatter became louder, and personally it was a good distraction. Chatter kinda was a buzz that set up a nice little background for my thoughts.

My thoughts now were jumbled and unorderly, which was not great for my mental health, but what can you do? I was more just thinking of my grades and if it was acceptable for my mom. It was a little stressful because of the expectations from her and my teachers. At this point they kinda just want us to be really smart and advanced. I personally don't really get why they strive for perfect grades for everyone, like people have social lives to keep them sane. As long as you understand and can complete the topic then you should be fine, most things you don't really use in everyday life.

Fortunately for me I was always a pretty good student, I wasn't outstanding but I still passed and could apply everything I've learned. So I didn't have to worry about failing, more just worrying about impressing my peers and teachers.

Besides the pressure from academics, I was fairly stress free since I wasn't an athlete and I didn't really care for playing a musical instrument. The only hobby I really had besides writing in my free time was photography, but I wasn't planning on taking it into college. It was more of just something to do and make me just a little bit more interesting. I would usually take photos with my best friend, Shizinu Hide, and take aesthetic photos. I really enjoyed spending our nights together riding around and looking for good lighting and backgrounds.

We usually met in each other's classroom before school but she was going to be late because of her brother today so we wouldn't be able to. So right now I kinda looked like a loser since I was sitting alone, but I didn't really mind. The class started in a few minutes anyways so she would be gone at this point anyways.