More Secrets

Italy was the next stop on holiday.

They loaded themselves into their closet sized room for the ride, from Paris to Milan, stopping in Switzerland midway. It departed first thing in the morning, so none were chatty as they loaded their belongings onboard.

It was noticeably quiet between Ernie, Pansy, and Theo. More so than just the early morning exhaustion.

Susan sat between Theo and Pansy so that they might not kill one another in a rage. A repeat of the night before. She smiled shyly, tucking a strand of hair away as she engaged with Theo, quietly, keeping the tension of the party light and airy. Their words were comfortable, polite.

She expressed excitement for their adventure in China, fast approaching. It chugged closer as they plunged deeper into the continent. Theo assured her of the fun times they'd have. He spoke of their shared flat. She wanted a two bedroom, cozy and comfortable, a small traditional flat for the two to share in Chinese culture. By the little glitter of her eyes, she sought a place to submerge herself in.

Britain had slowly and surely killed many of her reasons to live. Her faith in humanity was risked. Every belief ruined by the surface of Lord Voldemort, thus exposing the dark side to the wizarding world, and costing her the family that made her.

Theo needed escape, as well. His father's imprisonment was a tough tarnish upon his dignity. It led to a bottle being a nurse and therapist, to all the pain. The laughs were a wicked devious shield to the deep sadness beneath the flesh, the very guts of a wizard torn apart by a war and split loyalties. Although he'd been spared a Dark Mark, he was indeed aligned with the mess of Death Eaters, forever.

He pushed for a third bedroom with his sweet Hufflepuff roommate, a roomier place, something similar to home, so their guests might have the comfort of their own space during a visit.

"What guests?" Pansy snapped. "You'll be lucky if you ever see me again, Theodore Figgis Nott."

It'd been a mad fight when Ernie was returned to the flat once Draco found him. A few curses were fired. Theo had a pair of swollen beaver teeth, Pansy's cheeks puffed twice their size, bats flew out of noses, and legs were a pair of jiminy cricked sticks that refused to function.

It'd been Hermione's job first thing to right their cursed appearances before departing for the train station.

Draco and Hermione sat opposite the mess of people on the other side. They all shoved themselves together in their anger, oddly enough.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco's bicep and leaned against him, tired as ever, from the night before. Her hair was controlled by a one sided plait. Little baby hairs tickled her eyebrows as she stared off at her companions, lost in thought, fighting the threat of sleep as the train rocked her so peacefully.

There were gentle waves within Pansy's dark length from last night's plait. It gave definition to her otherwise flat style. She wore a simple shift dress with a long frilly grey cardigan. It was rather relaxed than her typical posh presentation.

Lack of sleep was her stylist.

Ernie drifted off to sleep as he sat. Every so often, he'd catch himself in his seat from falling over. There was a likely possibility that he was still a bit sloshed. He slipped his hand into his blazer and grabbed out a small vial. It was an anti-nausea potion of creamy pink. As he tilted it back to drain the contents into his open mouth, the cover of his sleeve slipped back and revealed a collection of markings upon his hand.

Hermione gasped. "Ernest! What's happened to your hand?"

Between the two knuckles of his fingers were thick black tattoos. All over. They decorated his flesh on both hands of his creamy pale. There was a wand with sparks out the end. Another was a black 'H' striped of gold. Another was a golden snitch. A small lightning bolt.