two

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining in my eyes through the blinds covering the windows. I laid on the couch wrapped like a burrito in numerous blankets, mad at myself for falling asleep before Ashton had left. I didn't want to move, knowing that Ashton had tucked me in as usual and that was the last time he would be tucking me in for almost a year. Damnit. It hadn't even been a day and I missed him already. I shook off the blankets and stood up, stretching my arms. I walked into the kitchen and ignoring the note left on the counter, grabbed a spiderman cup from the cupboard and filled it with sprite from a half empty two-liter that appeared to be flat. I sipped the bubbly liquid as I walked into the living room and up the stairs. yep. flat.
I walked down the hallway and into the room, startled by the large bear sitting at the head of the bed. It was bigger then me and had a curly, light brown mop of hair on the top of its head. It was wearing a blink shirt and black jeans and was quite possibly the most fashionable bear I'd ever seen. I walked over to it and sat down my drink. I paused before hugging it tightly. Tears slipped down my cheeks and I smiled at the scent. The thought of Ashton dousing the bear in cologne made me giggle. I stood up and wiped my eyes.
Pull yourself together Eden. You got shit to do.
I grabbed a pile of fresh clothes and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the water and my phone buzzed on the shelf.
Ashton☀︎: good morning sunshine! Read my note?
I laughed.
"No but I saw the bear. I love you idiot."
I slipped out of my pajamas and stepped under the beat of the hot running water. I ran my fingers through my soggy hair. The steam of the water danced up the walls as I washed my hair and body. A few minutes later I turned the handle of the faucet and pulled back the curtain. Wrapping my self in a towel, I brushed out my long blueish silver hair. I pulled on the grey sweater and leggings I had grabbed. I started brushing my teeth when my phone buzzed.
Twitter:
@Ashton5sos : It hasn't even been a day and I miss my @EdenG5sos so damn much.
I laughed and typed back
@EdenG5sos : Hey! don't swear! love you goof.♥︎
I walked back to my room and flopped on my bed. I laid on my phone listening to my special "a.f.i. + e.g.s." playlist. We had made it together last year. Flopped next to each other on the couch with nothing better to do. It was there for when I missed him or he missed me. I remember when we slow danced to the playlist at two a.m. on a Sunday. The playlist was one of the only things that kept me sane while Ashton was gone. I even ended up burning it on an Cd that I taped to the back cover of the photo album in case of emergency.
wonder wall -Oasis
hey there delilah -Plain white tees
I miss you-Blink-182
beautiful goodbye -Maroon 5
iris -The googoo dolls
break the distance -Ashton Edminster
chasing cars -Snow patrol
I won't give up -Jason Mraz
first date -Blink-182
look after you -The fray
and more...The playlist had it all.
I sighed and wiped my eyes, fighting to keep from crying. I just sat and thought for what seemed like forever.
Holy shit.
I sat up.
Christmas is in three days. I don't have presents. I haven't decorated. I haven't made cards.
I covered my eyes and sighed.
How am I supposed to get all of this done in three days?
Then I remembered something even worse,
this would be my first Christmas with Ashton on tour. I went down to the basement looking for the box with pine needles sticking out. Instead I found the tree, sitting peacefully in the corner, already set up with dozens of presents sitting underneath. The spare couches had been pushed to corner the tree. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. All the tags read "To my beautiful Eden with love Ash Xx" My phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out to find a text from Ash
Ashton☀︎: read the note before you do anything stupid.
I went back upstairs to the kitchen and opened the note. Of course the first seven words written in red marker were "STAY OUT OF THE BASEMENT TILL CHRISTMAS!!!" I laughed and texted him back.
"oops"
Ashton☀︎: Damnit
"sorry x) love you :*"
Ashton☀︎: you too :-)
I continued reading the note:
Dear Eden Genevieve Spencer,
I love you more then you know. I'm sorry I have to leave (especially around this time of the year). In three days we will be in Australia for tour and we were given a few days off for family. If I was given the chance to fly to you I'd do it in a heartbeat but there isn't enough time. I'm sorry that I can't be with you and I know you understand but I'm really sorry. Eden G., I also need you to promise me something. Stay strong love. ♥︎ I love you so much and I would never forgive myself if you hurt yourself when I wasn't there to save you. It seems I'm running out of paper so I love you and (I'm not saying goodbye) I hope to see you soon. I Love you Eden.
Ash Xx
I sat down the paper and walked up the stairs. I went to the room and slid my suitcase out from under the bed. I sat it on my bed and folded and packed all the jeans, t-shirts, socks, tank-tops, and bras and shoved them into the thick suitcase. I looked over at my freshly made bed (thanks to Ash) and at the small mountain of stuffed animals. I picked up a fluffy white sheep, named Pearl, that I had gotten once shopping with Ashton. I picked up my backpack and dumped the contents onto my bed. I threw in my diary and my song book along with a demo of me and a friend. Then went my art book, watercolors and a bag of colored pencils. I looked back at the stuffed lamb and ended up shoving him in the bag, but leaving his head sticking out (for air of course!) I zipped up the bags and sat the suitcase on its wheels, extending its handle. I sat my book bag on top and wheeled it down the stairs. I sat on the couch for hours flipping from website to website until I finally gained the courage. I typed in the number. The phone rang once before a woman picked it up.
"Hello Jasen travel agency"
"Yes, hi I'd like to book a flight to Australia."