I've always liked you

*Btw don't know much abt weed and stuff so I may get some stuff wrong but yeah lol

Chapter 5

I've always liked you

Patrick's POV:      context:
When I was on my own, before me and Henry were friends again, I got into weed. I mean, I wasn't addicted or anything.

I just started hanging out with very shady guys, but they offered me a deal, so I took it.

I hide it behind my closet  in my room and carry two cigarettes with me.

My parents had to travel today, every two months, my parents have to go out of town for work related things.

They'd bring my brother with them and not me. Mainly because my parents know I hate travelling, so they leave me by my own for a few days and take my brother with them.

I had the house all to myself.

"Bye, we'll miss you, honey." my mother said, while hugging me. "I'll miss you too, mom." I replied.

"Hey, Patrick. You remember our two rules when-", "When you get back home, the house shouldn't be a mess and two no girls over." I intrupted my father reminding me.

My dad nodded his head. "Not like you could get any girl's anyways." my brother teased. "Yeah, I'll miss you too, little shit", I responded.

"Patrick, just at least say something a bit nicer to your brother, for once" my mother said.

I looked back at my brother, "I hope you don't die."
He faked a sarcastic smile.

"Well, I guss that's a start. Alright, everyone has everything packed, so let's go." My mother instructed.

They went to the car and they were on their way.
'I honestly prefer being alone somtimes' I thought to myself. I grabbed some snacks, as I sat down.

I watched a couple of my favourite shows for awhile. Until, I heard a knock at the door, 'Who the fuck could that be?' I thought to myself.

I opened the door to see Henry with bruises all over "Henry? Who the fuck did this to you?!" I asked, bringing him inside.

I've seen bruises on him before, but never this bad.
We sat on the sofa in silence for a minute.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked. He took a second to respond "My..dad." Was all he answered.

"What, why?" I asked, yet another question. "What do you mean 'Why?' He's an asshole, that's why!" He snapped.

Henry took a moment, "He's been doing this to me ever since- mom. When I'd cry he'd hurt me more.

If I get a bad grade, I get hurt. If I make one mistake, he hurts me. Even when I don't do anything wrongn he still hurts me.

I- no one gives a shit about me" Henry said, in frustration.

"I care about you. I didn't know this was happening to you." I said, Henry rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, right" he replied.
"No, I do. What? You think
if I didn't care about you I would have even come to your house when your dad locked you up in your room to study?

Or would have taken the blame for you, honestly, too many times?

Or even buy you snacks, that I hate, but you love for some reason? " I shrugged.

"I guss, you're the only one who cares." Henry smiled.

The room fell silent again, but I had an idea.