chapter thirty-three

season one ; episode eight { The Runaway }
chapter thirty-three

season one ; episode eight { The Runaway }chapter thirty-three

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ]

THE ROUTLEDGE TWINS WERE LEFT IN A STICKY SITUATION. Ward Cameron had trapped the twins on a boat with him and was about to slice them in a half with a hook or that's what Brooklyn thought. She had stumbled backwards, her hand clasping around John B's arm.

"John B." Brooklyn whimpered. "Shit. Shit. Shit."

"Shush, Bee." John B rose to his feet and had yanked her behind him, doing his best to protect her from what was about to happen. "Stay behind me, okay."

"Get back, kids. Get back!" Ward climbed up the ladders and began to swing the hook around like a madman. "Get away from the throttle!" The twins stepped back, holding their hands up. "Stay back! We're not going anywhere till you two listen!"

"Okay! Okay! Relax!"

"You understand? Just stop!" Brooklyn had never been more petrified in her life. Why was Ward being so defensive and taking it out on them? "It wasn't my fault! It was your father, okay? It was your father that tried to change-."

John B lunged forward, leaving his sister's side. "You piece of shit!" He yelled, trying to push Ward away so he and Brooklyn could escape.

Ward pressed the boy up against the railing. Brooklyn stepped forward and grabbed ahold of his shoulders, trying to separate him. The hook inched closer to John B's eye and as Brooklyn watched, she covered his eyes with her hand and that made him lose control of the hook.

Ward's hand reached up and knocked the brunette over the side of the boat, causing her to roll down to the deck. "Bee!" John B shoved Ward away and rushed down to her, sliding down as Ward watched the twins struggle.

Brooklyn limped, her arm reached out and John B took it and wrapped it around his shoulder. They then rushed around the edge of the boat, holding onto the railing to find the security box. When they safely made it John B began punch it, hoping it would just open.

"Shit, John B." She choked out, trying to open up the lock with her nails.

The door cracked open suddenly and John B grabbed the speaker. "Mayday. Mayday."

"Repeat." Brooklyn let out a sigh of relief after hearing the man's voice.

"This is the-." The power was then cut off. "God!" John B tried his hardest to get in contact with the man again. "Hello? If anybody's hearing this, this is the My Druthers! Mayday. Mayday. Mayday. Can anybody hear me? Mayday, mayday, mayday! Oh, my God. Mayday. Mayday. Mayday. This is the My Druthers, call time-."