𝘛𝘌𝘓𝘓 𝘐𝘛 𝘛𝘖 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘍𝘙𝘖𝘎𝘚 (𝘛𝘞)

(TW: Implications of abuse and reference/descriptions of scaring)

AN IMPORTANT LESSON THAT I learned throughout this whole thing is that you can't stop and dwell on things. The world continues moving whether you like it or not and if you don't move with it, well, that can be very dangerous. So, you have to keep moving, keep going forward.

That's what our group did after we received the message from our members in the city, we kept moving. We went back to our chores and tasks as if nothing had happened. But, our thoughts still remained on what had taken place and the decision Shane had made.

My hair was yanked back suddenly and a sharp pain erupted on my scalp. I sucked a sharp breath between my teeth as I winced and, from behind me, Amy gave a soft apology. She then proceeded to work her brush through my hair, this time gentler than the last, and my thoughts began to travel once more.

Since she returned from her talk with Lori, Amy had been quiet. The only time she spoke was when she approached me and told me it was time for her to do my hair. Without another word, she led me to Dale's trailer and we sat underneath the awning, her on a chair and me on the ground between her legs.

I knew that her thoughts were the reason for her silence. She was worried about her sister, we all were. Shane's decision was hurtful to her because, aside from Marinda and her two kids, she was the only one who had family in that group. If something happened we were simply losing friends, maybe even just acquaintances. But Amy risked losing a sister and Marinda risked losing her husband.

"Andrea will be okay," I said with conviction.

The brush stopped suddenly, still halfway down my hair. She wasn't mad at my statement, her voice was soft when she asked me why I believed so.

"Because, I have hope."

I was a strong believer of hope. There were many times in my life where it was the only reliable thing I could hold onto. And when I could, I would grasp onto that optimistic state of mind with my life. It kept me going, floating above the reality of our world with the belief that things could, and would, be good again.