Prologue

Prologue

Wren's point of view

Graduation. It is now my college graduation. After learning all that I need to have the knowledge of, I can now become a part in the police force. I have worked so hard during my four years of high school. I have also made so many friends on my journey through it all. It most definitely is devastating that I'll have to leave them. There hasn't been a time where I haven't been so intensely focussed on my studies that I ended up creating a vast distance in my own high school friendships. I actually decided to study abroad in a neighbouring province.

The sudden change from Ontario to Quebec has been very different for me due living in the French Canadian culture. I came here to learn at a top rated college. I've always been bilingual having been raised in a French family. The location in which I lived had a concentration of Francophones. It was not difficult for me to talk to people in Quebec. Although I love Quebec, I miss home tons. 

It has always been a dream to me to become a police officer so I worked very hard and carried my own weight. That's why I have come as far as I am now... It's honestly hard to believe. It feels as if it was just yesterday that I was a small child running around playing without a single worry in my head.

I snapped out of my thoughts to find my mom tightly hugging me, "I honestly can't believe you've grown up so quickly.  You know just how to make your mother proud," and I tightly hugged her back immediately. "Mom, you realize that I've worked so hard to be here and you're the one that raised me to be who I am today. You've taught me what it is like to live in a happy household. You've also always shown me the difference of right from wrong so I feel I should thank you mom." After saying such words, a single tear streams down my face as I give her a simple yet meaningful smile.

Everything becomes a blur and before I know it, I'm sitting in the chairs at my graduation ceremony and all of the graduates are throwing their graduation caps up in the air as high as they can. Everyone with such pride engraved into their smile made me feel a new spark of joy.

I had no idea what was coming for me...