010 - superhero

Y/N's POV:

It's been a long time and I'm still just sitting on the couch waiting for Will and Joyce to come back out. Hopper got here a little while ago so Will must be drawing right now. I was about to go check on him when the phone rang. Without thinking I immediately picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Y/N? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it is Mike."

"Oh my god, are you okay? Is Will okay? What's going on?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, good as new. But Will... He isn't doing too well, you should probably come by after school. You really need to see this. But just you, don't bring Dustin and Lucas."

"Okay. Yeah, I'll be there."

"Thanks, Mike." I hung up the phone and walked down the hallway and into Will's room.

Joyce and Hopper stood by the wall and watched me as I walked in.

"Wait who is she again?"

"Hop, she escaped the Upsidedown, and she has been there for Will alright."

"How do you know we can trust her?"

"Because. Hopper. I risked my life to save Will, got it?" I snapped.

"Jeez, fine." Hopper and Joyce walked out leaving me and Will.

He was basically in his own little world, scribbling and scribbling away. I tried getting his attention but he didn't acknowledge me at all. Instead, I just placed my hand on his shoulder. The moment I did I could all of a sudden see the flashes of the tunnels just like him.

What the hell? How is that even possible?

I ran out into the hallway, I had to tell Joyce. I had to tell her everything. Well, everything but the fact that they are from a TV show.

"Joyce!"

"Y/N, what's wrong? Is Will okay?"

"Yeah, Will's fine, but I need to talk to you."

~~~

I told her everything. I told her how I was working at a mall, how I got into the Upsidedown, how I somehow knew how to escape and being stuck in the lab, and all the experiments they did on me.

"Here is where it gets really weird," I remembered the time in the lab.

"I SAID GET AWAY!" I screamed and closed my eyes. Upon opening them I saw all the men on the ground with their guns further away from them, the man closest to me sat up and looked at me in terror.

"When I escaped the lab, they had me cornered. I screamed at them and when I opened my eyes it was as if I somehow pushed them all away. They looked at me in terror as I ran away. Then it happened again with Will. Somehow if he is having an episode, if I touch him I join him. So when he was frozen at the school I tried to help him." I then remembered what happened then.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed. The monster tried to attack me before hissing and backing away, he almost looked hurt.

"I screamed at the monster to go away and when it tried to attack me, it was almost like it got hurt from me. Then the last thing is how I was extremely injured from trying to help Will. I had a huge cut on my arm and my temple, but this morning I wake up and it's like nothing even happened." I paused for a moment. "What if somehow. Someway I am like Eleven. Just different."

"How do you know about Eleven?" Hopper questioned.

"Hop, she knows about the Upsidedown, the boys trust her. Will trusts her. They told her everything that's happened." Joyce answered.

"I know that her powers are very different, but isn't it a possibility?" I told them.

"I mean yeah, your powers could be like healing, and something else I dunno. The boys would probably figure this out much easier." Joyce suggested.

"Y/N. What was your childhood like?" Hopper asked.

"Oh uh. Not too good honestly. I don't remember anything before I turned 9 really. My parents always neglected me, were never home. They never really cared for me. I always suspected that I was adopted. They told me that when I was little I got injured and forgot a lot about my childhood."

"Joyce you don't think..?" Hopper started.

"Y/N. Let me see your arm."

"Your joking. You don't think I would have noticed a tattoo on my arm?"

"It's worth a shot?" Joyce said as she pushed up the sleeve on my left arm. "Hop, pass me a dishcloth and some soap."

She wet the cloth and poured the soap on it, scrubbing on my forearm. Nothing really changed. She tried a bit more and I felt something change.

"Joyce stop."

"Just a little more."

"Joyce! Give me a second." I pushed the cloth away and noticed what looked like peeling skin. I grabbed the corner and picked at it. I got a good grip and ripped off a piece of skin revealing a 010 on my arm. "Oh my god."

"Holy shit," Hopper exclaimed.

"Does this mean that I'm from Hawkin's Lab? That I'm like Eleven?"

"I think it really does Y/N." Joyce smiled.

~~~

I went back into Will's room. I really wanted to tell him what we just discovered but I knew I couldn't. Joyce and Hopper had since begun organizing his drawings. I grabbed onto Will's shoulder to try and help him.

I can't even imagine going through what he has gone through. Yeah, I went to the Upside Down too, but it was so different than his experience.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you, Will.

I heard Mrs. Byers open the door so I knew Mike was here. I ran out to see them.

"Yeah. You know he's... he's just not feeling really well. He's laying down, so I'll tell him you stopped by, okay?"

"It's about the shadow monster, isn't it?"

"Yes, Mike it is. Mrs. Byers, let him in I told him to come." I butted in.

"Alright fine, he's in his room. But I will warn you, Mike, he really isn't doing too good."

Mike and I walked into Will's room and saw him sitting at his desk, he looked like shit.

"Mike, Will. We need to talk about something..."

~~~

Thank you so much for reading! Make sure you add my story to your library, comment, and vote!

Word Count: 1064