Chapter 8

"You don't"

The first emotion Amaruq felt was sadness, like he needed to hear those words. Then his eyes changed their colour and anger took place instead. He had hoped that the famous Princess would have been able to help him humanity. He knew the Princess was not a liar. Alas, he would regret killing one of the most brilliant minds in the Seven Kingdoms.

"Well. Then, lets begi...", he started to speak. Malekith raised her hand to silence him. Malekith scorned and spoke, "What? Did you expect something like hope, trust, kindness, hell even love!". Amaruq lifted his head up in agreement.

"Well. I'm not going to give you those answers. Because I don't believe in those words, your hope will fade, trust will be broken, the kind will turn cruel and love, it would never be enough!", she spoke from experience. "The only thing that could make you live again is," she trailed off.

Amaruq was sure he would have felt his heart skip a beat, if it were still beating.

"is Acceptance".

The vampire was confused. He turned toward her, gave a slight twist to his neck, "I live alone in the most dangerous place in all of Seven Kingdom where no human or even my own kind dare enter", he spoke, a little bitter. "In fact, you are the only human I have seen in this century, except that scrawny boy"

"Who am I to take acceptance from?", he opened his arms gesturing the frightening isolation he lived in.

The Princess shook her head. It would be difficult to make a vampire understand something as deep as this. Their kind was the most stubborn in all the realm.

"You don't take acceptance from anyone", she said. "God! Its like explaining something to a child!"

"Careful, Princess. This child can tear your flesh apart with his bare hands", Amaruq spoke, with a smug smile on his face.

The Princess' lips curled up on one side as she resisted the urge to smile. "Something to add to the library books!" Her heart picked up their pace, knowing the exactly what the vampire was capable of.

"Most people who are alive only live because they belong in this world. The feeling that you belong somewhere. That someone, human or un-dead, believed in you, who wanted you to stay the way you are, because you don't need to change yourself. You only need to accept!", the Princess said with such deep emotion, like she was trying to reach into his heart and pull his hidden humanity out herself.

Malekith never believed that anyone ever lost their humanity. It was only hidden somewhere deep within. The question was never whether Amaruq had his humanity or not. It was whether it was worth it to try to help that humanity to rise up again. Malekith decided it was. Worth it. As dangerous it was. She wouldn't have done it for just anyone.

"You are the only one who has to accept it. Accept yourself"

The vampire wasn't satisfied with this answer.

He grabbed Malekith in anger, pushing his sharp nails into her skin. Malekith eyes widened. She knew a vampire who was hungry for more than 100 years, wouldn't be able to control his anger. Not that Amaruq would even try too. Malekith looked straight into his eyes, afraid that he would pounce on her if she looked away. Her fingers moved rapidly, wanting to have the trusted sword in their hands. Malekith took in a deep breathe.

Blood started flowing.

The vampire's eyes turned blood red and his fangs made an appearance. Malekith's eyes turned black. "No, no, no, no. Not now, no" She closed her eyes and opened, not even a second had passed. Her brown orbs looked softly into the vampire's eyes. "Does this answer satisfy you, friend?" All trace of fear vanished from her.

Amaruq was unnaturally still. Malekith was so close to him, she could clearly see faint purple bruise on the rim of his lips. Fog began surrounding them and Malekith felt very cold. She knew what the reason was. Amaruq looked at her lips as if in a daze, and moved closer to them. Malekith tried hard to control her breathing. She barely accomplished it. She could feel her eyes getting heavy and she leaned in. "You may pass".

She immediately opened her eyes as she felt his grip slowly loosen. She stood there alone. Malekith began her usual pace of breathing. She picked up her sword from the dirt and made her way toward Beauty. Her fur resembled the charcoal trees. Malekith smiled softly and then lifted her head up in surprise.

"Wait. What boy?"

***

Hi, everyone.

So many people forget that before others can accept them as they are, first they need to accept themselves. How can you expect others to accept you, if you don't accept yourself. And if then, others do not accept you, then you don't really need them. Because you are enough for yourself. In the end, your happiness and your life does not depend on other's approval.

And I truly believe that no one loses their humanity. They just cage that part of them and throw into the deepest pits of their heart. But just because all have humanity doesn't mean that all can be saved. Some are just lost cause. The only way you survive is when you choose whom to save and whom to let go.

Thank you for reading.

Byee.