[Prologue]

Have you ever felt so unpopular and ugly that you just wanted to hide in a hole and never come out? Have you ever felt so unfit that you just wanted to collapse and die after only one lap?

            That was me. Brooklyn Roberts.

            Yeah, I had a friend. One friend. And I wouldn’t change him for the world. Cameron Long was dorky, ‘adorkable’ as I would call him. He was like me, unpopular. To be honest, I’m surprised he isn’t up there with all the ‘cool kids’. Yeah, he wears glasses. Yeah, the only thing he cares about is his Xbox. Yeah, sport is not his favourite. Though, he is slim and attractive. But, I guess, he’s too uncool to be cool.

            Cool is April Parson and Luke Green, both on the rich side of life. They drive Porches and Lamborghini’s. April is a mixture of things. She is kind and generous – in front of any adult. She’s a vexatious bitch – around everyone else. Even though she is a pain in my ass, I can’t deny that she isn’t beautiful. She has golden, orange hair. Her face is pale, but flawless. Her green eyes dazzle you, and then she reaches out and strangles your heart with words.

            Luke is literally God. He has a strong jawline. Dirty blonde hair, bushed up into a quiff most days, and green stormy eyes. Don’t even get me started on his body. Swimming carnivals – best carnival of the year, and the only one I really go to. I went to the athletics once just to see what it was like. Luke running. Damn.

            I went to primary school with him, and high school. No I didn’t stalk him. My Mum talked to his and because we really didn’t have a clue what school I was going to, she sent me here. I don’t mind, really. I get to stare at him throughout English from across the room, and I stare at the back of his head – which is mighty fine, I have to say – in math. But did he notice? Nup.

            I worked up the courage to tap him on the shoulder in math and ask a question about HOW to do the question. He just told me the ANSWER. No explanation. His eyes didn’t even meet mine. He looked at the wall and then turned away. Plan = fail.

            I got home and I thought. Thoughts crowded my mind and I couldn’t do it anymore.

            I made a deal with the Devil.

Just a little insider on my new story. First part is in progress, but I'll probably write like 3 before I upload them.

Unless I get to excited. Then maybe you'll get it earlier :) ^.^