chapter thirty-four

season one ; episode eight { The Runaway }
chapter thirty-four

season one ; episode eight { The Runaway }chapter thirty-four

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒 ]

THE ROUTLEDGE TWINS ARRIVED at Ms. Lana's not long after. They both needed answers. They knew Ms. Lana knew about their father's disappearance due to the way she reacted about them having the compass. The time had come and the two needed answers right there and now.

Brooklyn climbed off her brother's back and limped towards the front door with his arm slung over her shoulders to keep her steady. "We need to know."

The twins sat down at the table. Ms. Lana helped out Brooklyn by bandaging the wound before sitting herself down to discuss the matter at hand.

"The night your father disappeared... I came home early from work to find Scooter talking to Ward. Ward was in tears saying, I didn't wanna hurt him. I wasn't trying to hurt him. It was a mistake. It was stupid accident. Your father apparently tried to change the deal on him and he wasn't going to let him so your father flipped out, and he didn't mean to hurt him. He didn't mean anything to happen to him. Ward hurt your father, I don't know in what way but I know he did." Lana looked between the two teenagers to see their expressions and faces looked identical.

She continued, "Scooter sat with him and told him to start the story from the beginning and so he did. Ward and your father were out on the open water in the morning. Big John wanted to talk to Ward that morning. Your father had found the Royal Merchant gold and he wanted legal assurances. It was going to be a fifty-fifty deal between the two but Big John changed his mind. He changed the deal to twenty-eighty and Ward was pissed off." Lana paused again and both of them had become agitated and the tears that had been forming for a few minutes had finally let loose and were now falling one after the other.

She clasped her hands together and said, "After arguing, the two fought and your father slipped, hitting the back of his head on the rim of the boat. He started to bleed and he slowly started to pass out. Ward said he'd call for help but never did. He rolled your father's body into the water and his body washed up on shore. Ward gave the map to Scooter."

Brooklyn gulped the lump she was feeling in her throat and she placed her hands over her face while she cried. "So, he stole our father's map... and he tossed his body into the sea?"

"He sunk your father's boat where no one would ever find it. And they began to look for the gold everyday for nine months. When Agatha built up, there was one place they'd hadn't looked. So Ward sent my husband out into that storm. I begged him not to go, but he said Ward was worried the storm would wash everything away. But Scooter did find somethin' out there. Not what he expected. He found your father's compass buried under the sand with his bones scattered around. He wasn't dead when Ward dumped him."