I Have a Crush on Benji Wyatt

SUMMARY: 17 Year Old Leslie pining for Boy Mayor, Mr. Benji Wyatt.

AN:  Wrote this rather quick. Coz I'm nervous and I needed a distraction. Hopefully, it's not too bad. :D

Leslie Knope tightly gripped the newspaper in her hands. She was staring hard at a picture featured on an article for almost an hour now. It was photograph of a well posed Benji Wyatt who had been declared the Mayor of Partridge Minnesota at the age of eighteen. Leslie couldn't believe it. At eighteen, this boy had already accomplished what she had dreamed of doing since the age of ten.

Leslie was sure he was her soulmate. She stared at his honey brown eyes, his smirking lips, and his hair that was slicked back.

He was perfect.

A mayor at this age and he looked like a dreamboat. If there was anyone worth marrying, this was the one.

Of course, it was a pipe dream. She'd never in a million years get to meet him. By the time she finishes college, he'll probably be ruling some part of America by then.

She'd write him a letter anyway.

——

Dear Benji Wyatt,

My name is Leslie Knope and I'm from Pawnee, Indiana. I would like to congratulate you for getting elected as the Mayor of Partridge, Minnesota. I can't believe that someone at 18 would win against veteran politicians and it gives me great hope that when I reach 18 (next year!), I'll be able to get this kind of opportunity.

You're probably really busy right now, getting into the nitty gritty of making your town amazing, but I do hope that you'll take time to read this and that you'll know that you're a real inspiration to someone like me.

If you ever decide to come to Pawnee, let me know. I know everything there is to know about our town and I can be your tour guide. :D

We have a famous mini horse named Li'l Sebastian and he is the cutest mini horse ever. I would introduce you to him and I'm sure you'll love him.

And the parks here are amazing. I'm sure you have parks there in Partridge too, but does your park have a weekly event for the whole town? We have a different event every week and I'm always present in each one. Someday, I'll build a park that people will love, and it will be my legacy.

I hope all this talk about parks doesn't bore you. I really love parks. And I love waffles too. Although, I'm not sure why I needed to tell you that...

I'll keep this letter short, sometimes I can go on and on about things and I don't want to be annoying or anything...

If you ever read this, please feel free to write me back. We could be pen pals! (My address is on the envelope).

I'd love to hear about your adventures as mayor of your town. But I'll understand if you don't write back, I'm sure you have more important things to do now.

Good luck with your term.

Sincerely yours,
Leslie Knope

——

Leslie folded the paper and slipped it into the envelope. She licked the flap and sealed it. She held it up to her mouth and gave it a quick kiss, hoping against all hope that Ben will read it. She pushed her chair back and ran out of the room, skipping a few steps coming down the stairs and ran all the way outside. The mailbox was a few blocks from her house, and she wanted to reach it before the mailman got there so her letter would be sent today.

She imagined Ben receiving the letter and reading it and getting excited to write her back. A wide smile spread across her face, if she became mayor of Pawnee maybe their paths will cross. She really liked that idea. Maybe he'll even become her boyfriend. Leslie's smile grew wider.