Chapter 9 - What Happened?

// Edited due to a small little mistake. 

Why did I feel like some non-existent weights been lifted off my shoulders? Why was Hope breathing against my neck? What the hell happened to me? And last of all, what did she do to me to make me feel less stressed with my life? 

I finally forced myself to open my eyes slowly, before my breathing suddenly increased. What...What happened? I looked over to Hope, who was smiling to herself before I watched her open her eyes to see me in a clearly confused state. Then, she moved her head to check the clock before her eyes landed back on me. "Good early afternoon. How are you feeling?" she asked me. 

"What did you do?" I asked her as my reply, I didn't want to pretend that this was normal.  To be in bed with a vampire? 

"You are mine as I have marked you last night." she told me, before she raised her hand to brush away my hair from my slightly sore collarbone. I quickly reacted by grabbing her wrist, stopping her from doing so. "You have used my body for your own pleasure." I said in a low tone of voice. I watched Hope's eyes widen at me in surprise. "What? No, Layla..." she began to say before I let go of her wrist and got up from the bed to go into the bathroom.

It was all coming back to me now. She put me in some sort of trance so that I could obey her. A part of me wanted everything from her, but a part of me didn't. I was fighting sides. I felt a tear from my eye go down my cheek as I moved my long hair out of the way of my collarbone. And there it was. Her mark. I belonged to her and she...belonged to me. She was so soft with me too...I remember asking her to take it easy with me. And she did it. 

"I can't say that I am sorry, baby. I am a vampire and you are my delicate mate. I was so scared that I was going to go too far with you but I didn't. I was pushing it down and down until the moon was over. What can I do to make this right?" Hope asked me, her voice coming into the bathroom. I wiped my tear away with my hand, before I found myself actually smiling at the mirror. I knew what I was going to do with my life now. I was going to get a new job and stay with Hope. Because well, she was my only Hope. 

"I take it back, you know, about you using my body for your pleasure. It was just a small shock, that's all." I told her, turning my head to see what she was doing. She was beginning to turn on the taps in the bath, "I am going to find a new job and stay here with you until I die of old age, okay?" I asked her before I watched her nod. 

"I accept you going to find a new job, but I don't accept you dying of old age. You will have to be turned..."

"And I am okay with that. When the time comes again, I will not be stupid and run away from you. I will face my fear of your vampire side." I cut her off, before I walked over to her. I placed my hand on top of hers as she was pushing down the taps. "Thank you, baby. I love that idea. Now, let's relax in this tub, shall we?" she asked me. I nodded at her before I climbed into the tub which was filling up with warm water. 

Once the water had reached to its limit, Hope turned off the taps before she climbed in too. "After our bath, I want to make you something that you will absolutely love." she told me before she leaned in to press her lips against my cheek. 

"Really? Well, I will look forward to that." I said with a small smile at her.