a matter of time

nino smiled.

it has been days since he last smiled, all because of some (dumb) conflict he had with his girlfriend, nothing much, but was able to bring his mood down.

but not this girl though.

he was playing a game called "zepeto" (idk what to do help" when out of nowhere he got a notification saying that someone followed his account and chatting him, asking if he want to be friends with them.

he didn't mind, so he agreed. they became from strangers to friends to best friends as days passed.

what is her name, you may ask?

her name is marinette. marinette dupain-cheng.

they shared their stories, both sad and happy stories. nino didn't mind, because it is not like they knew each other in real life and are gonna judge each other, anyway.

he knew almost everything about her. she told him that she has a crush on a boy in her school who is very oblivious that even hearing her story made his heart clench.

even though his love relationship is not the best, he is still glad that at least his (ex) crush is not that oblivious and liked him back.

yes, marinette's crush didn't like her back.

they are best friends, and at the exact moment marinette was about to confess her feeling , he told marinette about his own crush as she listened silently, heart breaking and on the verge of tears after having a crush on the guy for almost two years. he heard the guy is a model, and he knew marinette didn't like the guy because of his appearance.

why?

he just had a feeling that marinette won't. it's like he knew marinette like the back of his hand.

as for marinette, she knew her limits, what to do and what not to do so she doesn't pursue her crush anymore after knowing he has a crush on someone and silently praying the best for him and his crush.

marinette is now in the process of moving on.

him, though.

he broke up with his girlfriend last week over a very stupid argument, and he find it really ridiculous.

utterly ridiculous.

do you broke up with your boyfriend just because he was sleeping and that's because he is tired and didn't answer your phone call?

yeah, ridiculous.

he hasn't been in a good mood for the week. but he is not sad, pft, who would?

marinette and him texted daily, and it was yesterday when he decided to tell her about him not in a relationship anymore.

she was silent, and she doesn't pry into it, which he was glad that she respect his privacy. but even if she asks, he would answer because she is marinette. and marinette has a soft spot in his heart.

not that he would tell anyone.

today, though, he woke up to a text from marinette asking him if he want to meet up for the first time.

that alone made him smile. so brightly, that you would never guess he broke up with his girlfriend days before.

he kept asking her if she is sure about this meeting up thing and that she doesn't need to do this to cheer him up because it's okay, he is not sad anymore that she is here with him.

but she insisted.

so who was him to deny, right?

so here he was, the next day, standing in front of his school, waiting for marinette. they agreed to meet up in front of his school. he is still bewildered on why marinette want to meet here, the school, or in other words, hell.

he was just there, in front of the school, leaning against the nearby tree with both of his hands in his pockets, and headphones on the top of his head, blasting his favorite song as his eyes wander around, trying to find the girl he is meeting.

he looks calm, but he was freaking out in the inside. what if marinette doesn't want to be friends with him anymore? what if she thinks i'm ugly? what if-

no, he couldn't think that way. he knew marinette is not that kind of girl so he really should stop thinking that. he tried calming himself down, eyes on the pavement as he watched some leaves fell slowly from the tree. he still couldn't help but to overthink, though. nino and over thinking can't be separated.

positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts-

"hello?" he lifts his gaze to meet a beautiful girl with midnight blue hair that was tied up in two identical pigtails with a pink purse slung over her body. he doesn't know why, but everything in this girl screams "marinette".

"marinette?" he blurted out. upon realizing his mistake, he clamps his hand over his mouth as he apologizes while bowing, god, this could be the wrong person. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-"

he heard a beautiful laugh coming from the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life right in front of him. the girl was trying hard to contain her laugh but failed miserably. she quited down and waves her hand in dismiss, "don't worry, you didn't get the wrong person. it's me, marinette."

nino can't help but think how beautiful she is as he studied her features. "wow, you're really beautiful up close."

marinette raised her brow, amused before she giggled, "wow, why thank you. you're not bad too." she winked. nino who was dazed finally get his own words and hers sink in and heavily blushed. marinette giggled again. god, the most beautiful sound he ever heard.

"now, how about having a cup of coffee, hm?" marinette smiled sincerely as her eyes flicker towards the shops nearby. "what is the best one here?" she asked curiously.

"oh, well.. that one is quite good, though. I always went there..." nino pointed at a coffee shop called 'cm coffee shop' and trailed off as he walked to its direction with marinette beside him, listening to his words as she laughs softly when she saw him get carried away while talking.

they talked with each other while walking, seeming to never run out of ideas as they got in and take a seat. nino got to know that marinette and her best friend adrien will transfer to françoise dupont next week and he's more than delighted to hear that.

that day, they went to the 'cm coffee shop' that was also known as 'caramel macchiato coffee shop' to celebrate their first day of meeting and two month if friendship, but little did they know, this friendship would develop into something more.

it's just a matter of time.