Wounded back

The weather grew colder to welcome the season of winter. Everyone wore thicker clothes and some brave ones stood out in the cool weather with less clothing. Hinata preferred winter than any season only because she gets to wear her huge sweaters outside and anywhere inside.

She felt jolly as she threw on her yellow sweater. Checking herself in front of the mirror, she swirled around and fixed her hair. It grew so long that the ends reached her butt. She was so amazed how healthy he looked and felt through her fingers.

"Hey." She turned to see the young Uchiha leaning against the door frame. Her younger sister, Hanabi grew a liking to her friend. Her small arms wrapped around him. He been coming over to pick up Hinata often only because he didn't want anything happen to her since that day. Therefore, he visits the family time to time. Grew closer to Hanabi who adores him and wishes to be cool like him. Some rumors spread saying Hanabi has a thing for him. But she sees the teen as a brother. Like Neji.

Sasuke simply pet her head putting a smile on her face. He basically came to pick them up and drop them off home to protect Hinata from some creeper who knows her. Neji was business for a couple of weeks with college stuff so Sasuke decided to do what he wants. Sasuke tried asking about the guy. Even Naruto. But she always changed the subject so smoothly and avoid speaking it.

"Ready?"

"Hai!"

The drive was quiet until he parked next to Naruto's jeep. Hanabi left out the car to avoid her eyes from the two blondes. Hinata turned away from the scene and Sasuke groaned. He leaned on Hinata's side, yelling.

"Hey Dope, mind taking it down a notch!" Naruto's hand stopped fondling Ino's body. Ino pushed him off her and wiped her face to greet the tomato face Hyuga. Hinata stepped out carefully and slammed the door. Sasuke done the same but came around to pull Naruto's locks. Naruto grew his hair back as Sasuke left his hair neck length.

"Let's go. And take care of that boner." He pulled the rambling blonde. Ino clapped her hands together in an apologizing gesture.

"Sorry about that. Did you finish the essay yesterday?" Nervously nodded, Hinata gulped up a troubling lump in her throat.

"Ye-yes. How did you do on it?" The girls started walking up the stairs.

"I worked my ass off this paper. I stayed up all night for two days to type it up." Hinata gasped.

"All night?" Ino nodded.

"Yup. Naruto over there doesn't understand when to stop on Saturday night. So, I stayed up after you know, 'our fun', to type. And then my father wanted me to cover the flower shop all day on Sunday. It was terrible." Pale blue eyes rolled back. In front of their lockers, Ino angled her face to see if there's any dark circles.

"I'm going to kill that boy." Sakura came by.

"What's with you, Pig?" She smiled softly.

"Naruto ruined my night." Ino slammed her locker as she applies her concealer under her eyes lids. Sakura scoffed.

"You guys are at it like bunnies." Haruhi skipped to them. Over hearing their conversation. Ino glanced at her for a second and then looked at the small mirror. Ino just shrugged from Haruhi's comment.

"Let's not talk about this." Ino groaned. She shoved her makeup kit in her purse and grabbed her books. Hinata stood next to her with her books in her arms against her chest.

"Why not? Little miss virgin here will feel left out." Haruho said under her breathe as she dug in her locker. Sakura nudged her.

"Haruhi, that's not nice." Hinata was thankful that Sakura warmed up to her a bit. But it's still awkward around her.

"Can you not be a bitch to my friend?" Haruhi turned to face Ino. Their faces a foot away from each other. Haruhi lips tugged in a smug way.

"Ino, if I were to be bitch, I would take that fine as man right there, fuck ,and make him mine. But I'm here holding back because I know little miss sweet heart got him tied up in her issues." The said girl ran off, the blonde held Haruhi up against the lockers causing stares.

Sakura rushed after Hinata as the bell rung. No one dare moved from their spot. Whispers spread around the room. Naruto came through the crowd and pulled Ino away.

"Why are you against someone who hasn't done shit to you!" Ino called her out. Haruhi just flipped her curls off her shoulder and walked off. Everyone scattered the halls when the vice principal came by. Naruto walked Ino to her class.

"It's like Sakura all over again." Ino sighed. Both came a stop.

"Ino, don't get into trouble." She leaned her head on his chest.

"I'm becoming you lately. I don't think before I act." Naruto chuckled. He pressed his lips on her forehead.

"Hope it's a good thing." He smiled. Ino stepped backwards.

"Of course. Later."

"Jah."

.

.

.

.

"So you hide under here too."

A squeak and thump sound was heard under the library table. Sakura and Hinata already missed seven minutes of class. She squatted down to see the weeping girl.

"Wh-what?" Eyes full like buckets of water. Sakura nibbled on her inner cheek. She ran her hand through her short locks and sat down cross legged on the floor.

"I... I'm sorry. Sorry about being a bitch. Sorry about being jealous. Sorry about exposing you. Sorry about being an awful friend to you. You never stood up for yourself when someone picks on you and someone always there to defend you. It makes me sick in away because I-I know you're better than that. You're down to earth nice and amazing. If-if I was you-"

"Pl-Please stop rig-right there. You don't even want to know what I have been through." Hinata cried in the balls of her fist. She cradles herself down on the floor. This was supposed to be a good day. Now it's just horrible.

"You're probably right. But..." Hinata's blurry eyes cleared up as she saw Sakura's arm.

Her whimpering stopped as she analyzes the lines on Sakura's forearm. Sakura rapidly pulled away and covered it.

"I thought you just wanted attention. Which I ever wanted from my parents and friends. I didn't realized it till I see how Haruhi treats you. But... I was still hurt inside when...Ino...Naruto... and especially Sasuke left my side to comfort you. Even at the bowling alley. I just haven't been the same." She stroked her thumb on her forearm.

"Wh-why are you conf-confronting me this?"

"Because I want to be friends again."