Prologue

Poisonous Lips Prologue 

"Tell me Phil, do you want to live with me knowing that at any moment I could pierce your heart with my cold-blooded words?" Dan's eyes widened drastically as he gazed at Phil. The insanity sparkling wildly in the flecks of his honey eyes. "What do you mean Dan?" Phil asked calmly stepping forward "just look at me Phil, do you see anything about me that looks sane?" Dan asked his fists clenching in and out. "You are sane Dan you just have to try to control it." Phil spoke up glancing at Dan "don't you think I've tried that Phil?" Dan spoke biting back venomous words. 

Phil flicked his eyes to Dan's blood red lips. He looked back up at Dan's eyes "don't you know what you're doing Dan? Your lip is bleeding." Phil commented looking away as Dan rolled his eyes. "So what, maybe the metallic taste makes me feel sane." Dan growled animalistically watching as Phil stood still. "You're still here, after everything I've done. Now that makes you insane Phil Lester." Dan tsked turning away from Phil "I stayed because I wanted to. Just because you fight me doesn't mean I'll leave. I'm staying, you cannot change that." Phil retorted closing in the space on Dan. "Get back." He barked out pushing Phil backwards "I'm not going to kill you Dan calm down." Phil bit his lip trying to stop talking as Dan turned and glared at him. "What was that?" He asked, facing Phil with a sneer. His eyes bloodshot and face pale "n-nothing" Phil reassured "exactly nothing. Now I'm going to bed." Dan walked away leaving Phil to catch his breath. 
Phil shook his head pulling out his phone. He waited for the ringing to end. "PJ. Hi." Phil spoke in a whisper "it's bad again." Phil frowned "did he say what was wrong?" PJ asked "not really, he thinks I'll leave him just because-" 

"Of the way he acts." PJ finished laying two fingers on his temple he rubbed trying to think. "Where is he now?" The question lingered in the air as Phil let out a silent breath. "In his room. He said he was going to bed." Phil bit nervously at his nails on his right hand. "Should I have Sophie go see him?" PJ asked opening his tired eyes "you wouldn't mind would you. He calms down around her and I don't really understand why." PJ nodded to himself " he finds it comforting to talk to her because she remains calm and curious thus peaking his interest to talk to her." PJ concluded getting up from his bed as he walked smoothly to Sophie's room. His footfalls were airy as he stopped and knocked on her door. "Sophie," he called out, lowering his phone to catch her attention. "Hey PJ. What's up?" She smiled brightly "it's Dan he's at it again" PJ grimaced. "Is he in his room again?" Sophie asked, gathering some clothing up to put away. "Yeah" PJ nodded "I'll be there in thirty Phil" Sophie shouted to Phil over PJ's phone. "Thank you!" Phil exclaimed, hanging up. Sophie started to pack up "this may take awhile, I'm getting extra clothes just in case." She explained kissing PJ on the cheek "bye PJ, I'll be back soon I think" she pulled him into a hug before heading out of their house.