Prologue

Cold...

You felt so cold it made you feel completely numb...

As if you were floating in a frozen lake and the moon shined right in your eyes trough the ice above you...

But you also felt so warm...

Like you were sitting inside a house that was on fire and every so often the flames gently kissed your delicate skin...

You felt so cold but at the same time so warm that it was a painful combination...

Like your blood was replaced by a hundred thousand needles that were now stabbing your muscles and skin...

The feeling made you want to cry as you couldn't do anything to ease the pain you felt...

Cry and seek for comfort... seek for someone to help you take the awful pain away...

But time and time again, you were proven that seeking for someone to help you stop the pain was futile...

If you did you would be putting them in danger...

You don't want to kill anyone...

You would never want to wake up and find your hands bloody and pieces of flesh stuck in your teeth, accompanied by the taste of iron on your tongue...

You felt helpless... Because you knew that there was no place in this world for someone like you...

Someone who would attack any being that had a beating heart that's purpose was to pump crimson blood all over the body...

As much as you would regret it later, you could not possibly stop yourself if your hunger hit you... At that point, your consciousness would drift off and the control was handed over to your instincts...

How can anyone care for a being such as yourself...

Who would be blind and brave enough to attempt such a thing you wonder...

It has been so long that you've given up hope that you could be saved...

When you would one day die, you would die glad that you won't be harming anyone or anything anymore...

"Don't say that about yourself!!!"

Hm?... What's this?...

Are you imagining it?... No... It wasn't your voice, it was someone else's...

Damn, you're soon gonna pass out from this warm and cold feeling...

It truly was like a curse... To have the instincts and body of a beast and the mind and heart of an innocent human...

You'll just go to sleep...

"Please don't give up yet!!!"

It's the same voice again... what's going on?...

"I'll prove to you that you're not the monster you think you are!!!"

You almost wanted to laugh... how could someone possibly do that?

You can't stay awake and find out... 

They'll just end up dead if you do...

"Please... I'm begging you... Let me save you..."

How interesting... how can your mind make something like this up?... 

But... you've never heard that voice before... Who... Who is he?...

Hmm... Would it be selfish for you to stay awake a bit longer?... 

Let's see if he really... can... save this monster...