Chapter 7

"I'm pretty sure they can be trusted so it's okay."

After the introductions, Shelly showed them the ins and outs of her transformation and the club took notes and filled in their eye witness reports of meeting Shelly.

The notes were to add information into the limited knowledge of others so they could promote better equality. Shelly was more than happy to answer their questions about her body knowing that the knowledge was to improve medicines too because currently, hospitals couldn't treat non humans and had to often turn them away.

The club finished their notes and filed them in a large envelope that Daichi held onto before they all got up to thank the mermaid who blushed and told them no thanks were needed.

"I'm fact, I should be thanking you because you lovely children reminded me that this world can truly be kind. So thank you."

She waved them off as her husband showed them the way out. They weren't officially married but they had rings and it was enough for them.

Kageyama stood back for a moment as the other left and crouched down next to Shelly before sheepishly talking.

"H-Hey umm...What's it like to date someone of a different specie?" His horns started to poke out as he got nervous and although Shelly shivered at realizing he was a demon and a little fear clung onto her, she smiled when she took in the question.

"If you love someone, specie, gender, age and any small detail is not longer important."

"... I see."

"It's the ginger?"

"What?" Kageyama looked at her with confusion.

"I thought it was obvious given how much you stared at him when he was asking me questions."

Kageyama shook his head before replying. "No it's not like that, I made a mistake and I'm just watching over him to take responsibility."

"Oh..." The mermaid was visible dissapointed but she shook it off.

"Well I think that the boy had forgiven you already for whatever you have done. You don't need to keep holding that over yourself. Instead, how about you think a little about how you want to move forward with him?" she smiled as she pointed passed Kageyama at Hinata who had peeked his head passed a tree trunk to see where he was.

"You should trust your feelings because if not, you'll regret it."

Kageyama nodded as he turned around and made his way towards Hinata.

What did he want with Hinata if it wasn't to eat him?

"I wish you luck!!!" Shelly waved him off and he gave her a bow as thanks before returning to Hinata's side and together they made their way to the rest of the group.

He looked at Hinata who was next to him and gave a small smile. The ginger blushed a little before giving a confused look and running after Suga to hold onto his sleeve.

But before he continued walking, he turned around to return a sheepish smile and kept going.

A month later after finishing up all their reports,

"So why did you start this club Daichi?" Hinata asked out of curiosity.

The question made the two third years stop in their tracks and their leader scratched the beck of his neck.

"Actually... The founder wasn't the me, it was our friend Asahi..."

Suga smiled awkwardly as he got up and sat onto the sofa in front of Hinata who was on the floor like usual.

"We should tell you a story, it might take a little while okay?"

The rest of the club nodded and stopped what they were doing as Suga started to explain.

"We formed this club because of Asahi's friend who's now a second year. We weren't for the idea at first but Asahi almost never wants anything so when he does, we try our best.

It was an odd request but we went along and that was how the research club started. It was made up of us two, Asahi and his friend Noya.

Noya was...yeah we should tell you, Noya is a harpy and all was fine until the incident. "

Hinata leaed forward from curiosity and worry. Suga smiled and patted his head before continuing.

"Now, Noya is a brave one with... An interesting personality. But the point was that he didn't try to hide who he was and was the complete opposite. He was proud and didn't take any of the negative voices to heart. He was strong and we relied on him a lot because his courage was quite infectious. "

Suga smiled fondly as he went over the memories. But then he frowned and Daichi held his hand to calm him down before taking over the story.

"Noya was perfectly fine but Asahi was a different story. He was always scared for the potential bullies and what happened was that Asahi got bullied for being friends with a harpy."

He sighed as a pained expression scrunched his face. Suga patted his back before talking again.

"The incident was when Noya found out, he attacked the bullies and got suspended for three months. The attack ended up scaring Asahi and he quit the club. When Noya finished his suspension and found out Asahi left, he also quit and just never returned completely. He hasn't been to school since and the teachers don't bother with him because he's a harpy."

Silence hung over them as Hinata took it all in. An anger welled inside him as he stood up and stomped to the door.

"What class is Asahi in?"

Suga looked surprised before smiling gently, "the third on to the right in the senior year corridor."

With that, Hinata stormed out of the club room and made his way to the class with Kageyama close behind.

He slammed open the door with his face upset and angry.

"WHO'S ASAHI?!?!?!"