Chapter 1

"Sweet as sugar, hard as ice
Cross her once, she'll kill you twice"

Arcadia Ravenstone

"Heylo girl" My bestie of two years, Phoebe Wolf, screamed in my ear. Fortuna High School was probably the most boring school in all of Templesale, but atleast the school interior and rooms were damn good.

"Hey girl" I greeted back, digging through my locker, trying to find my bracelet.

"What's wrong?" She asked, noticing my worried expression and the frantic way I was digging through my locker.

There is no way I am losing my bracelet in the middle of the school year. It was too damn important to me to loose.

"I can't find my bracelet" I replied, biting my lip. Her hand flew to her mouth, her fingers fidgeting with her own bracelet.

"Are you sure it's in your locker" She questioned, her expression melting into worry as well.

"I think" I replied, furrowing my eyebrows. Realisation dawned on me as I remembered where I had kept my bracelet.

"It's in my room!" I said, running towards the dorms. Phoebe followed, keeping up with me. The halls were so long, I felt like it took forever to reach the girl's dorms. I barged into my room, running up to the dresser.

I opened the jewelry box my mom had gifted me.

With a sigh of relief, I pulled out my bracelet. "Thank God" Phoebe voiced out my thoughts.

I put it on, a small smile playing on my face, and looked at it, as I felt the power surging through me when I put on the bracelet.

Just then, the late bell rang. We looked at each other. "Shoot" I said, and started sprinting towards the classrooms. Phoebe followed, trying her best to overtake me. We reached the classroom, trying our best not to pant like dogs. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Look who decide to join us" A sneering voice mocked us. Forgetting about the morning, my usual sarcasm returned.

"Lovely seeing you too, Mrs. Miranda. I hope we haven't disrupted your class this lovely morning." I said, a sickly sweet smile playing on my lips, my words thick with sarcasm. She stood there, shocked at my reply. Snapping out of her stupor, she came forward, a scale in her hands, a furious look on her face. I straightened my shirt, making sure she could see my necklace.

Her hand quivered, hesitating. "I didn't know it was you, Princess" she said, bowing a little. I smirked. "If it wasn't me, or if I hadn't shown my necklace, would you hit me" I said, watching her expression pale with shame and fear. "I- it is not like that at a- all p-Princess. I wasn't g- going to hit you."
she stuttered.

I scoffed. "Ya right, you were going to pet me with it." The remaining colour drained from her face. ''You're fired, good luck getting another job.'' I sneered. Just then, I felt Phoebe poking me. I turned around, a questioning look on my face. "It's your dad" she said. My eyes widened, looking behind her. "Father"

How was that, I ask you. Horrible, I answer myself. It was really wierd cause I wanted to fill you in about what was going on.I can think of two good questions tho. Why is Arcadia's bracelet so important? Why did Mrs Penelope call her Princess? Try and figure that out. And try not to come running at my front door with pitchforks, killing me cause of my bad chapters 😅😅. Until then,

Toodles