BATCH #2: POC AND LGBTQ+ [CLOSED]

Inspired by my friend, Grace [goodhYOUman], this batch will be dedicated to POC and LGBTQ+ stories and characters

Inspired by my friend, Grace [goodhYOUman], this batch will be dedicated to POC and LGBTQ+ stories and characters. We need to highlight the importance of these characters that we don't often get to see in mainstream media.

The importance of having lead POC representation, especially in a time like now is crucial. And another important part of this is self-reflection; most of my original characters are white. And I've realized I need to be a part of this change I need to do better myself. I need to be proactive in representing different races/cultures in my writing and not just subjecting my POC actors as side characters. I understand that I need to improve on my own representation, and I encourage you to reflect on your own self to better help your portrayal of POC in your stories. I need to do better; we all need to do better.

I've seen people on Wattpad who refuse to make graphics for same-sex pairings which is unfortunate and disgusting. The love interests or sexual orientation of characters should not be used as a reason to deny a graphic. I won't tolerate this behavior, and I won't endorse it in any way. As a proud member of the LGBTQ+, to see this happen on a platform that stresses the importance of characters like these, I am disgusted and left speechless. It is tiring to see that people are masking their homophobia behind the words "it's my belief" or "it's my preference." It is not a belief or a preference, it is hate. And no one should stand for this behavior.

This batch is specifically reserved for books with people of color and/or LGBTQ+. There are no exceptions. If your stories don't fit these requirements, please do not request.

[Graphic Designers: I encourage you to do this in your shops as well to spread awareness and also encourage the promotion of stories like these!]

PLEASE REQUEST HERE
ACCEPTING: 6-8

CLOSED: July 27, 2020
11:59 PM EST

Reminder: If you fail to follow the rules,
you will be denied and/or put on the blacklist.