{𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗}

[Y/N'S P.O.V]

I just finished cleaning and wrapping up Jason's wounds. I used a medkit that Jason had from one of the cabins to fix up his bullet wounds. I didn't talk to him at all while I was doing it...I was furious. I just wanted to be home with my friends. Yes, I may have had a tiny crush on him...but it was wrong. I mean, he was a serial killer! Right now I was sitting on his 'bed' trying to think of a plan to run away and get to my friends as quickly as possible.

"I-" I heard Jason starting to speak but then he stopped.

I looked up at him, "What is it?" I sighed.

He looked at me with sad eyes.

"Jason, I'm-" I tried to speak, but he put his finger over my mouth.

He started carving something into the wood of his cabin with a sharp piece of scrap metal he had lying around.

"Oh, yeah. I think we left the papers and pencil out in that pretty clearing in the woods with the wildflowers," I told him, trying to look at what he was writing into the rotted wood.

"Sorry. Need to keep you safe," It read.

I sighed. "Jason, I'll be fine, but..." I looked down at my hands. I want to go home.

"But, I want to go home," I confidently said, standing up. He pulled me back on the 'bed', shaking his head. "You can't just expect me to stay...! I have a life outside of camping, y' know? I promise I'll come back very often to hang out with you," I said, hoping to convince the large man.

He grunted, he looked like he disagreed with my statement. I looked at him with my (Y/eye color) eyes. "Jay, listen to me. Just this once. I want to go home. I miss my family and friends, y'know...? Wouldn't you feel the same if you missed your mom?"

He lowered his gaze then looked back up with me with this sad look in his eyes. Then he started to carve something in the rotted wood again. I read it out loud, "Go. Come back. SOON."

"T-thank you, Jason. Thank you so much. I promise I'll be back," and with that, I hugged him and left the old shack.

I felt sad for some reason as I walked towards the sirens coming from the cop cars. They must've called for back-up. I felt bad for leaving Jason...even after I made that 'deal' to stay with him, I was sympathetic. Yes, he was a serial killer...but he had the mind of a child. He needed help. I felt tears prick at my eyes. How could I let this happen? I almost left my friends for a murderer! I don't even know if Hollie's safe or not...what have I done!?

----

"Right this way, Miss (Y/LN)," the nurse guided me down the dimly lit hallway. I looked down at the floor as we walked down to the hospital room that Hollie was being taken care of in. "Here we are," the nurse gave a friendly smile, "If you need anything come to the front desk, okay?" she pointed to the desk where other staff members were working on that specific floor. I nodded and mumbled a small, "Thank you," as she walked back down the hallway.

I walked into the room and saw Chester sitting in a chair, Maryanne sitting at the foot of the bed, Kenneth leaning against the wall next to my brother, and of course, Hollie was in the bed resting.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay!?" Maryanne jumped up and hugged me.

"Yes, yes...I'm f-fine..." I faked a smile.

"Are you sure? You look upset..." Maryanne mentioned.

"Just tired," I was really tired, after all.

"I'm so glad you're safe! Chester was worried...we all were," I turned my attention to Kenneth who was happy I was alright.

"Haha, thanks. How's Hollie doing?" I asked.

"She's good. The doctor said she just needed to rest up a bit and she'll be fine. They said she might go home tomorrow," Kenneth informed me.

I nodded my head, "Good, I was worried..."

"D-did an o-officer d-drive you h-h-here?" Chester asked.

I nodded my head once more. "Also, the officers want to interview me tomorrow. I think they want to interview us all eventually about...y'know...Jason..." I mumbled his name.

"Yeah, they told us about that too, they came in shortly after Hollie was put in this room," Kenneth said.

"You're getting your car towed tomorrow, right, babe?" Maryanne asked Kenneth. He nodded. I didn't mention that Jason killed the two cops, I didn't want them to worry about anything else. Plus, I was still shaken up about it. I felt my eyelids shut for a couple of seconds as sleep tried to take over me. I looked at the clock on the nightstand next to the hospital bed. It read 1:27 AM. Wow, it was late after all.

"Hun, you look tired. You should go home and get some rest," Maryanne shot me a concerned look.

"How will I get home, though?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah..." She said, remembering Kenneth's car was still at the lake with a flat tire.

"Wait, I can call my dad and he can take you guys home," Kenneth said, "I can stay here with Hollie if that's alright?" He asked.

"I want to stay here with you and Hollie," Maryanne told him. "He can take Chester and (Y/N) home," she smiled at us. I nodded, I looked at Chester and he nodded, too.

"Okay, I'll call him using the phone near the front desk," Kenneth walked out of the room and to the phone mounted on the wall next to the elevator.

----

I got into bed thinking about how I would tell my mom what happened. Should I tell her I saw him kill the cops...? No. I wouldn't want her to worry or be scared. I honestly didn't want to tell anyone. Chester slept on the couch, I would let him stay here until he felt better to go back to his apartment. I didn't want to talk to the cops tomorrow about the whole ordeal. It still bothered me a bit. I closed my eyes, and fell into a light sleep, thinking about how I felt bad for Jason and that I should've helped him somehow.

-[X]-

[A/N]: Here is the next chapter! (: I'm sorry it took so long to update, lol. But here it is! Also, if there is any mistakes I didn't re-read/edit it that much because I wanted to publish this chapter ASAP, so you wouldn't have to wait longer. Don't worry! I'll eventually go over it again and fix anything if it needs to be fixed. Enjoy! Have a good day/night!

-Gothic Rat

[ word count - 1,070 ]