Chapter 17: #Illusions of Grandeur

It was a grand night for the Zee's father, Mr. Zartara and you and Karen are watching the show.

Mr. Zatara: Thank you, thank you. Please, a round of applause for my charming daughter.

Then Zee appeared in a pink outfit and she waves to everyone in the audience. She then spots you and Karen and wink at you two.

(Y/N): Alright Zee!

Mr. Zatara: And now ladies and gentlemen, we've come to my final trick of the evening. A trick so risky, so daring, that the squeamish among you may want to look away. Tonight, I will make my lovely assistant... disappear.

Mr. Zatara made a cabinet appear as Zee went into it.

Mr. Zatara: Spirits beyond. I summon thee here. Heed my command. Make this girl disappear.

Mr. Zatara make her daughter disappear and open the cabinet and she was not there.

Mr. Zatara: Behold.

You and Karen stand up and applaud for the trick as Zee come out of a portal that is out of sight. Zee has a saddened look on her face and take off her bow.

Crowd: Encore. Encore.

Later, you and Karen are in her room.

Karen: That was amazing, Zee. I can't believe this is your life. You're, like, a total star.

(Y/N): You were incredible out there Double Z.

Zee: Yeah, well...

Karen: And the fact that you've spent your whole life traveling the whole world entertaining people with your dad, it's so cool.

(Y/N): You're living the life.

Zee: Hmm... Indeed.

Karen: You're seriously the biggest celebrity we know.

(Y/N): Yeah.

Zee: Maybe. But I'm about to be even bigger.

Karen: What do you mean? You're not leaving the act, are you?

(Y/N): Yeah you and your dad are great together.

Zee: Maybe. But I'm about to be even bigger.

Karen: What do you mean? You're not leaving the act, are you?

(Y/N): Why would you leave your act?

Zee then went behind her dressing room and change into her magician outfit.

Zee: What? Of course not.That would break poor Daddy's heart. But I am working on my own act. One day people will know the name, Zee Zatara. And that, my dears Karen and (Y/N), is where you come in.

Later, at the pier, you and Karen are dressed like Zee's assistants of magic.

You and Karen: What?

Zee then hand a megaphone to Karen.

Zee: Whenever you're ready.

Karen then gulp and pull out a flashcard and read it.

Karen: Prepare yourselves ladies and gentlemen, for an experience unlike any other.This is the great and powerful Zee Zatara, Princess of Presti...Prestididge...

Zee: Prestidigitation.

Karen: Presti... tation.

Zee: Prestidigitation.

(Y/N): Uh girls, ya might wanna see this.

You then point at a crowd of people as Zee grabbed you and Karen and see a guy doing magic tricks.