Awakening

Like being awakened from a nightmare I gasped, a gush of fresh air entered my lungs as I coughed up trying to get the chair that was near my legs to help me leverage my body weight so I don't choke to death. Struggling as I finally got my toes to pull on the stool nearby to help support my weight I was able to breathe properly. I pulled my head out of a makeshift noose. 

What in the world?

My neck felt sore as hell as I tried to rub it to alleviate the pain as I hoped off the stool. What is this place? It was a gorgeous majestic room. Something you would see in a French villa. I glanced up at myself in the gorgeous floor length mirror and realized I was not seeing myself. Rather it was someone else's face looked back at me. 

What in the world? As I came closer to inspect myself, I couldn't help admire the striking features of this girl. Pale Blond hair, jade green eyes, a button nose, and porcelain skin greeted me back. 

"Miss Jada ... may I come in," a knock woke me from my perusal. 

"A aa just a minute...," I answered as I ran to untie the makeshift noose so it didn't seem to suspicious. 

Once I got the bedsheet down I sat on the bed and prompted the person at the door to enter.

A young girl entered the room in what looked like a maid outfit. 

"Miss I am here to make your bed and prepare you for the day," she squeaked. 

I nodded my head as I got off the bed so she can begin making the bed. Who was she? Who the hell was the body of the girl I was possessing. Why is there a noose? Did she die?! Did she.. did she possibly commit suicide?! How did I get here? What in the world is going on?

I went up to the door and pulled on the lock to lock it. 

"Miss?" the maid asked confused seeing my actions.

"Do I have anywhere to be today?" I asked.

"No madam," she answered still looking confused. 

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Miss? What are you talking about? It is I, Joan. I have been working for Miss for the last 4 years," she answered concerned.

"Can I trust you Joan?" I asked.

"Miss has always trusted me, I am not sure what is going. I can call a healer to take a look at Miss. The engagement annulment might have been much to stressful for Miss," Joan blabbed.

Engagement annulment?

"Stop," I put my hands up to physically from preventing her from leaving this room, "Joan if I trust you, then you trust me too. Thus, I need you to do me a big favor. I want you to sit here and explain to me anything and everything that you know about me. Do not leave out any details. Everything, my full name, my parents, my habits, what has happened in my life. Can you do that for me?"