Nessian- The Winged Wonder pt.1

"And the winner, by TKO in the 3rd Round- Our Winged Wonder- Cassian!" 

The crowd roared his name like an ocean. 

He stood dead center of the ring, bright red gloves in the air. His nose was bleeding, his eye was already swelling, and with the various cuts and bruises over his body he looked like he was a warrior, finally finishing a brutal battle. 

In a way, that's exactly what he was. 

His hands dropped as he made a lap around the ring, psycing up the already ravenous crowd. 

From where she was seated in the box, Nesta could see the parallel tattoos of bat wings covering almost his whole back, swirling up around his shoulders and flowing down his arms. 

He finally stopped prancing about the ring, taking off his gloves and slinging them around his neck. 

Cassian looked up and met Nesta's eyes. 

She only ran a cool finger around the rim of her scotch glass. 

The cocky bastard winked and kissed the air before bounding out of the ring. 

Nesta's black dress felt too tight on her skin. 

"Your bat boy is quite the fighter, Nesta." Her father said from behind her, placing a hot hand on her velvet covered shoulder. She felt the coolness of the rings he wore seep through her sleeve. 

She sighed and leaned foreward, standing. "He's a good investment, that's what he is." 

The lavish viewing box was lit only by a few lamps in the corners. There was no glass between them and the rest of the crowd, but on the second level of the abandoned warehouse the view of the ring was perfect. Green velvet couches and arm chairs. Gold accents on the furniature and walls. Bodyguards at each enterance, everyone around her in perfectly tailored suits concealing guns and knives. 

It was as luxurious as an illiegal empire could be. 

Owned and operated by her father for years, in his failing health it was now owned by Nesta. 

The only woman in the room was also the most powerful. She insured no one forget that. 

Nesta held out her glass to the waiter in their box, the scrawny man scrambling to do her bidding. 

She turned to her father. "6 matches, 6 wins. He's getting good." 

Her father gripped his cane as he stood fully. "Too good." He stalked toward her, his age doing nothing to dull his intimidation.

"You get everything when I'm gone." The old man said, "Prove to me you deserve it." 

Nesta cocked her head. "What more could you want me to prove?" 

Since taking the head, thier 'buisness' had grown three fold. Their control spread through the police, the politicians, all chasing after the money. Control the money, control everything.

Nesta had done just that. 

"Prove you can control your Winged Wonder. Prove you can think bigger then just winning." 

Her eyes narrowed at her father. "You want me to throw the fight." 

Her father nodded. "All the bets go thorugh us, and most people are betting on him" 

Nesta pondered, "He loses, we don't have to pay anyone out. Keep all the betting money." 

She rubbed her hands down the side of her dress. Cassian wouldn't be happy about it. But maybe...