Chapter 7: Where To Now?

Hana's POV:
___________________________
"I don't think a single pice of paper has gotten me in such a mess before." Hana kept thinking as both of them looked around the school entrance for the permission slip.

Yeonjun was on his knees, looking religiously at the ground surrounding him, looking for that dArNeD permission slip.

Yeonjun sighed and he got up still starring at the floor, "No permission slip here, not even a single candy wrapper-" Yeonjun said.

"That's surprising" Hana mumbled in a plain tone as she herself got up from the ground.

Yeonjun smirked at her quick remark.

You see, high schoolers tend to miss the trash can, so much that it seems intentional. So it came as a surprise to both of them to find the floor squeaky clean.

Once up, Hana made her way to the bulletin board, thinking of how peaceful she was just a couple minutes ago when she had no clue what she'd walked into, completely forgetting about the list in front of her.

Yeonjun had made his way over too, glancing  at the bulletin board, then at Hana, which was not as sneaky as he thought it was.

"Gosh, if he can keep his hands to himself, why can't he keep his eyes to himself as well" Hana irritably thought to herself.

"Oh! Well, would ya look at that!" Yeonjun said suddenly. Yeonjun lifted his arm and pointed at a name and a score. "Seems like I was wrong, that mean girl actually got 20/50!" Yeonjun exclaimed in excitement.

Hana rubbed her eyes to make sure her eyes weren't playing any tricks. And there stood the 20/50 Yeonjun had been so ecstatic over.

"Practically a D+" Hana mumbled whilst maintaining eye contact with the score, still not believing it was there.

"Oh!" Yeonjun quietly said. Yeonjun suddenly grabbed Hana's shoulder and leaned in, "Hana let's get out of here" Yeonjun whispered into Hana's ear quickly.

A heck lot of thoughts went through Hana's head as she mentally gave Yeonjun a disgusted look.

But as Hana looked up at Yeonjun, and as Yeonjun pulled away, it was obvious whatever Hana had originally thought was just an assumption { :o) }.

Yeonjun looked behind Hana into the hallway. As Hana, in confusion, turned her head slowly, Yeonjun turned her head back to face him and both of them made a run for it.

"Oh Sh!T!!" Hana exclaimed without thinking twice.

Yeonjun was pulling Hana as both of them ran away from school. They stopped at an intersection, the same one where Yeonjun had seen Hana that morning, and Yeonjun looked at Hana as if asking "where to now?". Hana got the gesture and had already answered the question in her head. As soon as the cross man turned white, Hana took Yeonjun's hand (how bold) and pulled him in the direction she took every morning.

As they ran, Hana couldn't help but notice how empty the streets were. "If only I could take my time walking to enjoy the scenery" Hana thought. She had forgotten about Yeonjun being trailed behind her as she made it to her destination.

Panting both of them hunched over in exhaustion as they stood at the steps of Hana's cozy home/apartment.

"I think that was worse than running during P.E" Yeonjun said in between inhales and exhales.

Hana chuckled without hesitation as she swallowed her exhaustion and stood up straight.

Back at school, when Yeonjun had told Hana they had to go, Hana got a glimpse of what they where running from, and that was Soyeon's hit men, the two boys whom she told to keep an eye out for Hana.

"Uhm, where are we?" Yeonjun asked as he finally stood up straight with a moderate breathing pattern.

Hana walked up the steps, and reached in her bag to get her keys. "It's my place, don't try any funny business, ok?" Hana said plainly as she opened the door and turned to look Yeonjun right in the eyes as an intimidation tactic.

Yeonjun gulped, and nodded as he walked in behind Hana, proving to her that her tactic had worked.

Hana left the door open, a survival trick she'd learned from her cousin, because although she'd gotten to talk to this thing of a guy, she still didn't know him well enough.

"Where do you want me to look??" Yeonjun shyly asked as he fidgeted with his fingers.

"It'll be quick, just take a seat if you want to catch a breath" Hana said as she pointed to the stools surrounding the island in the cozy kitchen that happened to be the first thing you saw when you walked in.

"I always leave my backpack here, when I shoved the permission slip into my backpack, it probably fell" Hana said as she crouched down to look underneath a shoe rack where she always plopped her backpack on.

"Give me your backpack" Yeonjun said extending his arm.

"It's not in there" Hana said as she looked behind her at him, still crouched down.

"You never know!" Yeonjun said in a yip pity happy voice.

Hana sighed and got up, handing Yeonjun her backpack, and sitting on the stool next to him.

Yeonjun turned his body facing the island and opened her backpack, throwing everything she had in there out.

Folders, notebooks, pencils, paper clips, chapstick, her keys, and a tampon that made Yeonjun kick out his pretending skills to use, dropped out of Hana's backpack, but the permission slip was no where to be seen.

Yeonjun checked once again inside her, now, empty backpack, in curiosity. Hana thought of taking the opportunity to swiftly hide the tampon in her pocket, but she couldn't be bothered to care about what Yeonjun thought.

"Hey, there is a paper shoved at the bottom of your backpack!" Yeonjun exclaimed pointing at it to show Hana.

Hana reached in and pulled it out. "I have no idea what this is" Hana said in confusion. A couple seconds later Hana's phone blew up, incoming calls and texts from her father. Hana picked up.

"What's wrong dad?" Hana asked.

"Hana, I took your permission slip by accident, you have my week reports, I'm heading out of my office, ask your teacher to let you out, I need the report quickly so I'll be there in 8 minutes if traffic isn't a jack ass, ok sweetie?" Hana's father said.

"Yeah I'll be at the entrance, take your time." Hana said as she hung up.

"So, mystery solved?" Yeonjun said shyly with a smile.

Hana "pfft"ed and nodded. "Now we just have to head ba-" Hana was interrupted.

"Eun-Hana, what are you doing here?" a voice called out from the doorway.

who could it be??
___________________________

(not edited)