SEVEN

New year's day was past and after staying for an additional week, I decided it was time to go back to Berkeley. It would give me time to prepare for school, time to move to the new house with Dom and enough time to spend with him before school starts.

Mom helped me pack and halfway, she had this soulful look in her eyes as she stared at me.

"I know I haven't been the best mom to you and I'm sorry" She said in an emotion laden voice and I couldn't help but smile.

I simply walked up to her and embraced her.

I already bounced back from all my mistakes and didn't want to visit the past anymore.

"I forgive you mom" I kissed her cheeks and she smiled, tears seeping down her face.

"Just be a perfect wife to Dad and amazing mom to us" I prodded and she gave a mock salute.

"Aye Aye Captain!"

We laughed and resumed the packing.

Done, we went downstairs for lunch.

By late noon, Dom, Domm and I were ready to leave.

Dad dropped us off at the airport and bade us goodbye. We knew we were gonna miss them.

Rick and Monalisa had left already.

On the flight to Berkeley, I mused endlessly, excited about the new life I was about to start.

This time, it was going to be perfect.

                      * * * * * * * *

"Moving isn't going to be as easy as you guys think" Jannie rolled her eyes and I nodded, not looking up from my plate.

She was hellbent on staying in the apartment and I don't know why.

"I don't think Domm will adjust well" She added and I smirked.

"Domm always adjusts" I replied and she eyed me.

"what about me?" She asked and I finally got the message. She didn't want to live far away from Reyes. I actually second that!. If she does, they won't get to see whenever they want to but then, who would help me with Domm?

Granny wasn't coming back, she had sent an email to Dom explaining why she couldn't and there was nothing we could do about it.

I definitely couldn't get a total stranger as my daughter's babysitter.

"We'll figure this out" Dom piped up and I nodded reluctantly.

I lost my appetite at the thought of our ruined plans and I pushed back my chair.

"Feeling nauseous" I explained and went to my room. I flopped on the bed and then hissed angrily.

I suddenly didn't like the house anymore. Domm would adjust, she would love the new house. I knew it but without Jannie, it would never work out.

The door creaked open and I ignored, thinking it was Jannie.

"Babe" I heard Dom call and I looked up. He settled on the bed beside me and kissed my head.

"Jannie is right, we should consider her" He said and I frowned.

"She's supposed to help me with Domm" I whined.

"Don't be selfish babe, she deserves a life too. She has always taken care of us all her life... It's high time she had hers too"

"I understand" I sulked and he smiled, pulling me into his arms.

He was right though. It was time to be a mom to my daughter rather than just an additional face in the picture.

He kissed my head repeatedly and I melted into his arms,closing my eyes.

This moment was perfect!

Short chapter... It had to be.

It's getting a little cold so let's let in some heat..

Y'all are about to hate me fr.. 🤣🤣

Stay tuned.

And vote.!

Love__Crowner