Nurturing (Part 2)

A little near noon, Bluescreen came looking for Gradient. He hadn't seen his boyfriend since earlier that morning, so he took a guess where he was. With Chronos sleeping on him, he was sure that the two were in the spare bedroom.

Bluescreen made his way in quietly and found a really cute sight. His boyfriend was sound asleep with his arm around Chronos, who was still hugging his neck. Bluescreen held a squeal back and decided to take a picture of the scene for memories. Once he took several pictures at different angles, he went up to Gradient and lightly rubbed his cheek to his boyfriend's cheek.

"Gray, wake up," Bluescreen said. "It's almost lunch time. You need to get up so you and Chronos can eat."

Gradient snuggled back and whined, "Five more minutes, Screen."

"Come on now," Bluescreen said as he nudged Gradient's shoulder. "Let's go. It's not fair to the others if you sleep on the job."

Bluescreen stepped back as he saw Gradient stretch out with a yawn before rubbing the sleep from his eye sockets. Then he sat up with one arm around Chronos, but it seemed that he forgot about the very light child on him. During all this, Chronos didn't stir from his slumber.

"What did you need, Screen?" Gradient asked. "I was having a really nice nap in this blanket. It couldn't wait?"

"You've been napping for three hours," Bluescreen points out, which shocked Gradient awake. "It's almost lunch time. I came to find you to help serve the kids and get Chronos to eat something."

Gradient looked down, finally realizing that he wasn't holding a very thick blanket, but Chronos close to him. He was shocked, but then a gentle smile graced his face. Gradient lightly placed his hand on Chronos's skull and rubbed gently as he saw glitches run over the kid's form.

"Chronos, wake up buddy," Gradient said. "It's lunch time."

The response Gradient got was a groan as Chronos tried to bury his head into his shoulder. Bluescreen giggled at the cute sight before rubbing Chronos on his back before patting him.

"Come on Chronos, it's time to get up," Bluescreen said. "Mr. Gray can't work if he has to hold you in his arms."

When that didn't work, Gradient came up with another idea.

"Chronos, wake up," Gradient said softly, so Bluescreen couldn't hear him. "I have chocolate for you. If you don't wake up, I'll give it to Horror."

The action was immediate. Chronos shot up and off of Gradient. In doing so, Chronos was going to hit the floor if it wasn't for Bluescreen catching him. Both caretakers didn't expect such a reaction from the kid. They expected Chronos to wake up and get excited, but not shoot up as if he was racing to save his only food source.

"At least let me have half of it!" Chronos said. "Then give the rest to Horror. I don't mind sharing, but please let me have a little bit!"

"Woah, Chronos, calm down," Bluescreen, not having as much of an issue holding up the very light and squirming kid. "Gray, what did you tell him?"

"I told him I have chocolate for him," Gradient said. "I said if he didn't wake up I would give it to Horror. I didn't mean to get him so riled up."

"Chronos, sweetie, calm down," Bluescreen said as he held the kid close to him. "You can share the chocolate with Horror. There's no problem with that. You can get it after lunch time."

Chronos stopped squirming and defeatedly went limp in Bluescreen's hold. Caretakerverse had weakened his physical strength to his correct age. So Chronos was physically weaker than most adults. However, if Chronos were to lace his body with his magic, which he still retained, Chronos could still hurt and kill people. At least Chronos knew he wouldn't be able to hurt any of the children too bad if he played with them.