ᐤ 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝘆 - 𝑐𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑒𝑜𝑙 𝑥 𝑗𝑜𝑦 ᐤ

"We're back, no more brakes." Joy loudly sang along as NCT Dream's Ridin' blasted in her ears. She entered the laundromat, swaying to the beat, as she knew it would be empty and there would be no mother of two to judge her. She placed her basket near a washing machine, still swaying and singing, and turned to get the washing powder. Thats when she realized that she was not all alone there. She had company, a very tall one to be precise. Joy ripped the earphones off her ears and strained her neck to look up at the man. He was staring at her as if she was from another dimension.

"Sorry, I thought Id be alone." Joy said.

"Yeah, me too." He said as he abruptly turned away.

Rude. Joy thought and shrugged. She walked to the shelves to pick the detergent. After setting the timer of the washing machine, Joy went back up to her floor and came back with another basket full of clothes. She dumped the pile of clothes into the machine. After setting the timer, she huffed victoriously as if she'd climbed Mt. Everest and mentally praised herself. The only thing now left was to wait. So, Joy took out her phone and started scrolling through it.

Joy wasn't really paranoid but she could fell eyes on her. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Mr. Tall Guy looking at her. She brushed it off and tried to focus on what she was doing earlier, thinking that maybe he was looking at the wall behind her. Even after a few minutes she could still feel eyes on her. She slipped her phone in her pocket and looked up. Her eyes met Mr. Tall Guy's but still, his gaze did not waver. He's really something. Joy thought. Or maybe he is really looking at the wall. She felt a bit offended that someone needed to look at the wall when she was present, in her whole self.

"I'm Joy." She tried.

Mr. Tall Guy jerked as if he was in a trance. "Uhh, you talking to me?" he said.

Joy looked at him with her lips a little parted and her eyebrow raised. "I didn't realize someone else was in here."

"Yeah right." He looked down embarrassed, his face a faint shade of pink. "I'm Chanyeol." He introduced as he stuck out his hand.

Joy nodded and they shook hands. And that's when she looked at him, like really looked at him. At that moment, there was only one thing going on in her mind, that when Taylor Swift said "He's so tall and handsome as hell," she probably meant this guy. She realized that she, too, was staring and pulled her hand away, stepping back a bit. They both stared at each other, not knowing what to say. The machines beeped, indicating that their laundry was done and Joy thanked all possible Gods available for the interruption. Both of them just turned around and began taking their clothes out of the machines.

Joy realized that she'd done a huge mistake by bringing two baskets full of clothes. She was overly motivated today and in the heat of the moment, she'd decided to finish all her pending laundry in one go. She regretted it now.

"How will I carry both the baskets?" She muttered to herself. "I was hardly able to save myself from tumbling down with one." Just then, someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and saw Chanyeol looking down at her.

"Umm, I can help you carry those baskets." He said, looking unsure of himself.

Joy just stared at him dumbly. "Really?" The word fell from her mouth before she could stop herself. Well done, Joy.

Chanyeol rubbed he back of his neck," Yeah, I mean... I have only one basket so,you know... If you want to..."

"Yes, please." She said smiling.

Chanyeol nodded and picked one of Joy's basket along with his own while Joy picked the other one. As they walked to the elevator, Joy frequently looked at Chanyeol. She wondered how he could carry two baskets overflowing with clothes without any difficulty. He was a non-green Hulk. They entered the elevator and she pressed 7. She looked at him with raised eyebrows and he imitated her.