Chapter 7

A/N: This chapter is mostly Oliver's Pov

Oliver's Pov

Today is the day I have to do my last job! I'm excited to finally be done with it- but not to actually get the job done. Seth doesn't know about today. Today is also my 18th birthday.
Such a crappy gift isn't? Haha.
I don't want Seth to know either things. I know he's been showing signs of not caring about what I do or that he really cares for me, but deep down I'm still unsure if I could add to that.

Yes I wanna know for sure if he does really care, and yes I really want him to...but what if the answer to my questions are not the ones I want?

I let out a frustrated whine as I pulled an unfamiliar sweatshirt over my head. It was really soft and comfy feeling. The quality was so nice, I knew it couldn't be mine!

I smiled softly whilst I rubbed my hand over the logo. It said....Oli! I grabbed the front in order to look at it properly. I didn't notice someone sneaking up behind me.

"Happy birthday." I yelped. "Seth!?" I stared at him with disbelieving eyes. "I thought you were gone!" He laughed. "I should have recorded that. Anyway, how could I leave without the birthday boy?"

I smiled. "You k-knew?" "Of course I did! I noticed how on this day everytime you'd be smiling to yourself in class. Fonding over some silly little knick knack."

"So, y-you just assumed?" "Yep!" He smiled softly at me then ruffled my hair. "Come on now pup, let's go to hell!"

I tilted my head in confusion. "I mean...to school!" I giggled.

~*~

During class my teacher kept staring at me with an weird look in his eye. I've learned to ignore lust filled stares. It did however send a chill down my spine. I was wearing the sweatshirt Seth gave me and some of my shorts. The sweat reached my upper thighs and to an untrained eye, I would have been mistaken for a girl.

My fluffy, untamed hair was down around my face

My fluffy, untamed hair was down around my face. I felt so happy and content that morning, it was bliss!

Besides Mr Radton's looks, that wasn't the only thing weird to happen that day. When we arrived school Jake came and molded his way to Seth's side.
He talked over me.
He taunted/teased me, and whenever Seth reprimanded him about it he just brushed off as friendly behavior.

He managed to steal Seth away whenever he tried to walk with me. Only talking about things they knew about.

It annoyed me because I wanted to be in on it too!
I huffed thinking about it, still rubbing the logo on the shirt.