I

As she paced back and forth across the small shack she currently lived in, Eleise felt herself melting. Melting in pain and agony.

It was not the type of pain she could get rid of by going to the doctor. She had to open up her heart in order to get rid of it but it was something she couldn't do.

Money.

Money was the reason she is living in this condition. Living in a shack with no freedom to the outside world. No one to talk to.

Although she was doubtful if she was living at all. She thought she might've died that day and went to heaven.

But do you live in a tumbled down shack in heaven?

Eleise paced restlessly waiting for that call. That call which might tell her that she can finally come out of the shitty place or at least go somewhere else.

It seemed to her as if the entire world was having fun leaving her behind. Behind in an old shack or... something that looked like an old shack.

The truth is, it is old. Really really old but it has one of the world's finest technology in it. It is equipped with everything she ever needs in the few months she's gonna spend there.

You might be wondering what she's doing in an old shack equipped with everything a person needs? Well, Eleise is not a great person like you think she is.

She's not small too. She's vicious. She's cunning. She's greedy. She's everything you might find as a villain in a movie.

But, she wasn't always like this. No no. She was just a maid. An ordinary maid who sweeps the floor of the giant building, just like the other 50 maids who worked with her.

She used to wash dishes in the kitchen. She used to serve tea 20 times a day to her mistress. She used to polish her master's shoes and lastly she used to spend the night with her master.

August 12, 2017, she was a poor homeless lady looking for a job. A job that could feed herself and her 2 kids and her I worry drunkard husband.

She wandered street by street asking strangers for a job. Poor eleise was ready to clean toilets and wash the floor with her own hand in order to feed her kids and give them a proper education.

She also wanted to get help for her 2-year old daughter, Alice. The toddler suffered from regular seizures and it was Eleise's dream to take her to Australia and the little one treated and healed.

Elise was truly delighted when she got a job offering at Mr. Jouŕes house. He was one of the wealthiest men in their country, Genvania.

Genvania, the little country that had less than a million people living in it was also a very rich country. Although, people like Eleise, who were born poor remained needy.

She loved her job as a maid so much. In fact, anyone without a job, when they get a job, accept it gracefully. Even 24-year old Eleise did. Although she never imagined it would change her life once and forever.

Day 1 as a maid was hectic as she had to learn stuff like how she should prepare tea for her master and mistress. Much to her disappointment, they both don't drink any ordinary tea. Her master likes his tea watery with a spoon of milk and 2 spoons of tea powder.

While her mistress drank her tea milky. Her tea needs to be perfect with 5 spoons of milk and 1 spoon of powder. The same went for the coffee too. They both liked it in a different way and that means making two different types of tea and coffee.

But, that wasn't the only problem. Her master's kids were total brats. They always ordered everyone around. Even their parents and they were never satisfied with anything leading to the servants to hear a handful from their payers.

But Eleise didn't mind it at all. She didn't mind making different types of tea. She didn't mind getting ordered around. She didn't mind getting scolded as long as she got paid.

And she did get paid. Pretty handsomely too. But, because of greed. Greed for money to get her 2-year-old daughter healed and her 5-year-old daughter, Shaha enrolled in a Good school, she did the unthinkable.

She offered her body. She offered her beautiful body to her master. Yeah, it is what you think she did but there is more to the story.

She didn't just give him her body. She gave him something else. Something that she can't get back. Ever. And that's how she found herself in this situation.

But, now that she thinks of it, she feels so guilty about it. She had to leave her two adorable kids in an orphanage. She lost everything she needed the most. Yes, she was poor and needed money but she didn't lose the money she earned.

She lost something big. Something really really big. Something that might potentially kill her.

But that's not what she's worried about. She was worried about her kids but she's even more worried about something.

Someone knows the truth. Someone knows everything that happened. Someone knows what happened to her. Someone knows what heinous crime she did.

And she was truly scared to the core because of it. She was scared that the truth might come out. She was scared that she might be held responsible. After all, she has no proof to prove that what happened was not her plan.

Or at least not her entire plan.

All these days, she was told to be the most innocent person ever. She was a supposed witness. A witness to a huge tragedy... that she herself committed.

Eleise was brought out of her thoughts when her laptop screen blinked, alerting her that she got a notification.

She was in no mood to read it. All she wanted was that phone call to tell her that she was free to go enjoy the world.

Instead, she got a darn message from... Edward.

Edward, a 26-year-old was almost 6 feet tall and very muscular. Or at least that's what his profile picture shows him to be. He and Eleise met on Tinder and It was a perfect match.

Eleise's face brightened up when she saw the message. It said "babe, love you so much. I wish I could meet you honey bear. How's life going".

She immediately sat down and wrote " it's going good hon. How's yours" and sent it. The next second it was opened by Edward who replied back a thumbs up.

'Wish I could say that', Eleise thought.

Hi guys,
How was this chapter?
I have literally no idea how it is and hopefully, you do.

Do comment down below what you think of it and obviously, new ideas are always welcome.

Also, don't forget to vote if you feel like this book is gonna be interesting you wanna keep reading.

Stay Safe
XOXO