Chapter 1: The Invitation

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

      Haru's hand slammed down on the snooze button." Ughh, what time is it? " as she sits up on the bed to look at the alarm clock. " Oh dear, I'm going to be late with meeting Hiromi at the crosswalk so that we can walk to school together. "  Haru quickly got off the bed and went to the bathroom to get ready. She looked in the mirror and stared that her reflection. Her hair grew longer and she had gotten a bit taller.              

     She sighed and thought to herself: I wonder how Baron, Muta, and Toto are doing right now? It's been a couple of months since I last saw them. I miss them so much. Then she remembered how Baron touched her face gently and remind her to believe in herself. Her face heated up. Haru shook her head. " I need to hurry up before Hiromi scolds me for being late. "  She picked out an orange t-shirt that was a bit baggy and a black jean skirt. 

( This is the outfit that she will be wearing

( This is the outfit that she will be wearing. )

     " I'm glad that the weather is so nice and warm today. "  She tied her hair into a bun and rushed down the stairs. Haru greeted her mom before grabbing her purse. As she was checking to see if she had everything in her purse, her mom giggled and said " You have fun today and be home by 5:00 o'clock so that we can have dinner together. " Haru finished checking everything and gave her mom a tight hug. " Of course, mom. I'll make sure to be back at 5. " She walked out of the front door, waving bye at her mom, and called Hiromi to see if she was already at the crosswalk yet.

* Phone Call  Conversation *

Haru: Hey Hiromi, Are you at the Crosswalk yet and what did you decide to bring to the class picnic?

Hiromi: I'm almost there. I brought some chips and drinks for us for the picnic. How about you, Haru? 

Haru: Oh, that's nice of you to bring them. I brought my special blend of tea and some angel food cake. Man, school is almost done and summer is coming right around the corner.

Hiromi: Oooo, Haru since when did you start to like drinking tea. And ya, that's true. Did you get any plans for the summer?

Haru: I just started drinking it after someone recommends me to it. And no, not really. And you?

Hiromi: I'm spending some time with my boyfriend. And my parents are planning us to go overseas for a family vacation. 

Haru: That sounds so amazing, Hiromi. And I see you, silly.

Hiromi: I see you too. 

* Phone Call Ended *

    Haru ran and hugged Hiromi. Hiromi hugged her back. "Ok, now we both need to hurry so that we don't miss the bus." They both started to walk to the school and went straight to class. The announcement came on and said " Attention all students. Those who are going to their class picnic may leave their classroom to go to the bus. While the other students who choose not to go will be escorted to the other teachers' classroom." Hiromi and Haru got up and left the classroom to go to the bus. They sat next to each other on the bus. The bus began to move when everyone finally sat down in their spots. Hiromi took a nap while Haru looked out the window. The sight of the city slowly disappeared and trees began to come into view.

   They have arrived at the picnic site. Everyone got off the bus and walked to clear ground. There was a little stream of water and trees surrounding the area. They set up for the picnic close to the stream and the teacher called for lunch after everything was set up. Everyone sat around and talked to one other. Haru was eating her sandwich by the steam when she saw a cat looking directly at her. It was Natori who took her to the Cat Kingdom on behalf of the King. Haru was surprised to see the cat out here in the woods. She looked around to see if anyone was looked at the cat too. But everyone was just busy talking to one another or playing games.

   She walked slowly over to Natoru.  " What are you doing here? I thought I told you guys to leave me alone. " Natoru looked at her with a bit of guilt but then said " Miss Haru, I know you said that but the king retired and Prince Lune is the new king now. He and Miss Yuki are getting married. They told me to give you the invitation to their wedding. " Haru apologize to Natoru for getting upset at him when it was his duty to listen to the king at that time. Natoru handled the invitation to her. He bowed down and ran into the woods. Haru watched as he left and looked at the invitation. 

( This is the wedding invitation and imagines it having L and Yon it)  

     It looked so beautiful. " It so pretty and I should probably put it in my purse before it gets dirty and lost. " Haru walked back over to the group and enjoyed the rest of the picnic before it was time to go back to the school. Hiromi ran over to Haru. " Hey Haru, what were you doing over at the stream? " Haru looked at her with a smile. " I was just looking in the water and there were fishes swimming around. " Hiromi nodded without any hesitance and grab Haru's hand so that they could walk back to the bus. The bus finally got back to the school. Everyone was allowed to go home since it was about time for school to end. Haru waves at Hiromi goodbye and began to walk home.  When she got home, she greeted her mom and went to go change into Pjs. They sat down for dinner and cleaned up when they were done.

    Haru looked out the window and sighed. It was so peaceful and calm. She took the invitation out of her bag and set it on the desk. She turns off the lamp and fell asleep. Dreaming about how she first visited the cat kingdom and the cat bureau. 

Hi Guys, I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. I would love to know how you guys feel about this chapter and don't forget to vote and share this story.