A Coffin's Grin

"A little tighter, Vanny." Springtrap murmured.

Vanny did as she was asked and tightened the bolts on the endoskeleton. It stared at her with a blank expression as she pulled it together piece by piece. Springtrap was right next to her, guiding her patiently through every step.

He was quite impressed by her dedication and skill at it. The suit, though it currently had no outer workings, was practically complete. It was much smaller than the suit that William currently possessed. He had questioned Vanny about why she had wanted it smaller, and she had insisted that it would be much more satisfying to see the cop struggle against a tighter, smaller build. Springtrap had grinned and agreed. They had combined the sleeker, thinner build of the Toys with the deadly, horrible spring locks. With William helping her through it all, designing the sleeker, smaller spring suit was a breeze.

"Are you sure you don't want to take out Clay, too?" Springtrap asked her with a dark grin.

Vanny shook her head. "No, only Dunn." She had insisted. Clay was her enemy simply because he was an officer, but that other blonde asshole who had come sniffing around eight years ago had been a complete douchebag to her. She wasn't against killing Clay, necessarily, but he wasn't the target she had in mind. Vanny had found out that the man who had shown up at her door went by Officer Dunn not long after he had barged into her home like the rude pig that he was. She kept picturing Dunn inside of the suit in front of her, but it felt... wrong.

Killing him wasn't the issue, but-

"Hey," Springtrap spoke up suddenly, making Vanny tense. Her big green eyes locked onto his face as he spoke. He was rolling his wrist lazily, clutching a screwdriver firmly.

"Once we're done with this, maybe we can tinker around with other projects... Just for fun?"

Vanny blinked at him, clearly a little surprised. Ever since they had begun working on the spring lock suit three weeks ago, Will had been very upbeat and happy go lucky. It reminded Vanny of when she used to do something with her younger cousins that interested the little brats. The rabbit was acting like a child who was just happy to have someone to play with.

William had been very excited to have someone share his interest in his mechanical creations again. It reminded him of better days before he had ruined his friendship with Henry. He really was trying his best not to think about that man, but the thoughts still lingered, along with a faint hint of guilt. Despite all the years that had passed, William still wished that he hadn't gone after Charlie that night. The past was full of horrible things, but William wanted to fill his future with horrible things as well. He was helping Vanny make a death suit for a man who had simply been a little too cocky and obnoxious to her. Things never changed, yet they always did.

"What kinds of projects?" Vanny asked with an interested tone in her voice as she turned back to the set of locks she was currently working on. Springtrap kept an eye on her as she continued, making sure that she didn't fuck it up and lose a finger in the process.

"Just little things. Whatever you'd like, really." He purred.

Vanny looked up at him. "You're the robotics expert." she pointed out with a small smirk.

"You clearly have a talent for this kind of thing, Vanny. You caught on a lot quicker than anyone else ever did." Vanny shrugged her shoulders and returned to working on the endoskeleton in front of her. "Only because you're helping me," She pointed out in a low voice.

The rabbit rolled his eyes and sat his screwdriver on the kitchen table with a small huff.

"You can just say no, Vanessa." He grumbled with an annoyed flick of his ear.