Chapter 13

"What are you doing?", you asked him. 

Jungkook opened the fridge only to close it again with a disappointed look.

"We need to go grocery shopping."

"Excuse me?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he took his keys and hushed you towards the main door. 

"Why do we need to go grocery shopping?", you asked him in the elevator. "You don't even know how to cook."

It was an assumption, but it made sense that someone like him wouldn't bother to cook when they could have it delivered. 

He gave you an offended look. "I know very well how to cook." After getting into the car, he drove to the nearest supermarket. 

"So what do you want to eat?", he asked. 

"I don't know. Jajangmyeon, maybe?"

He nodded. "Sounds good."

You didn't really understand why he took you shopping with him. You also didn't understand how this would help make the relationship more credible. 

Was he planning on asking Yoongi to take pictures of you? 

"Do you like Yakgwa?", he asked. 

"Sure."

He went on to put all the needed ingredients in the cart and then you went to the self-checkout station. 

You still did not understand in what way this would help his image, but when you arrived home, he brought the grocery bags to the kitchen and told you to sit down. 

About half an hour later, he put two perfectly arranged plates on the table and gave you an arrogant grin. 

"What was that? I can cook? Oh, thanks!"

You rolled your eyes. 

"Just because it looks good doesn't mean it tastes good," you replied. 

You took a pair of chopsticks and wanted to try the food he had made when Jungkook slapped your hand away.

"Hey!", you exclaimed. "Rude!"

"Wait."

He took his phone out and took a picture of the two plates. 

"Smile."

You looked at him confused before he pointed the camera at you. 

He took a picture, but it was not a pleasant one judging by his facial expression. 

"I think I'm gonna go with the one of the plates."

"Can you explain what is going on?"

He showed you the display of the photo he had taken of you for a moment, and though you barely glimpsed it, you could understand why he'd rather not have your face on the picture. Then he explained. 

"I will do what Hoseok did. Kind of."

What did Hoseok do? 

He must have noticed that you still weren't getting it. 

"I'm going to upload the picture to my account. Someone will spread it because 'private' is a foreign word to them and there you have it: soon, people won't care about the pictures of Hoseok and you anymore."

"Wait, what account? You have an account?"

"Of course I do, who do think I am?" He looked at you in disbelief. 

"I don't know. I just didn't expect you to have one. You seem like the type to keep to yourself."

He shoved one of the plates towards you. 

You tried it and to your dismay, Jungkook was right. 

It tasted good. 

You were almost a little sad that you couldn't make any comments about it, so you tried to eat silently.

Jungkook wouldn't let you. 

"How is it?"

"Acceptable. It's a little salty."

"Liar."

You didn't reply. 

"Admit it, I'm a good cook."

"Maybe."

"Admit it."

"Fine! Just stop nagging."

He leaned back with a pleased look on his face. 

You ate quietly for the next few minutes. 

"I bet you can't even make Yakgwa."

OH BOI he was in for a game. 

"I make the best Yakgwa."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"Prove it."

You almost slapped your chopsticks on the table. 

Talk about rude.

As Jungkook was watching you prepare the ginger honey syrup, he couldn't stop grinning. 

"Stop that."

He was acting like a kid. 

You looked at him skeptically. 

Only as you were mixing in the honey, you realized why he was grinning. 

"You tricked me into making Yakgwa, didn't you?"

He burst out laughing. 

Goddammit, you fell right into his trap. 

Aside from that, you noticed that this was the first time when he was genuinely laughing with you.

You put the honey tube down. 

"You're going to help me make it now."

He stopped laughing. 

"You didn't help me make noodles."

"I didn't trick you into making noodles."

"Fair point. But I've never made Yakgwa."

So he asked you in the supermarket if you liked it even though he's never made it?

"I don't care. You're gonna learn now."

He laughed and stood up. "Alright. It can't be that hard."

As the two of you were laughing together while putting the dishes away after you were done, it hit you that Jungkook forgot to take a picture of the dessert you had made.