39. BLACK MAMBA

Their car had pulled up about fifteen minutes ago and I'd watched Den lead Luke out. Even in the dark alleyway I could see Denver in his officer's cap and Luke's mask shining in the distance. The shimmer of the metal leash between them unmistakeable to my eyes.

The original plan had been that Denver would lead Luke and I in; two pets, one master. We'd crawl after him, let him lead us to do whatever he wished with us, or so everyone would have thought. Once we were inside, I would've tried to leave our room and make it to the back area that contained the passageway to the underground. Instead, I'd come up with something else, which is why he's only leading Luke in and not me.

"Quiet," I whisper-shout at Marina as she tries to speak around her ball-gag, "if you want to be back with your master so bad you'll shut your fucking mouth." She can't really shut it, but at least she gets the gist. "It's not like we can just walk in there and you know it. He'll not trust a damn thing if we both try to strut our way inside." Her sapphire-colored eyes, the same exact ones as my usual color, hold mine angrily. I have contacts in now, though, changing that. Marina would soon have a blindfold on, all of that color forgotten.

I should hate my sister for wanting to come back to this sick man. I should hate her for sleeping with a man that does the warped and twisted shit that Scott does. I should hate her for melding to his will, just like she had Denver's, so easily. I don't hate her, even as much as I truly want to; I don't.

The harsh reality of the situation is that, even in our thirty-two years of living on this earth, we both are still searching for a solace in something outside of ourselves. Luckily, I had Denver and Luke. I had someone to balance both sides of my own mental scale. Someone like me needs that; desperately.

I'd tried with Luke and Scott once, but living two separate lives didn't worked for me. No, living that way had almost killed me. It is still nearly killing me now. With Luke and Denver it wasn't a push or a pull in one direction or the other. It was both of my sides living harmoniously with one another and watching them fall in love. In a strange way, being with the two of them, Denver and Luke, mended some of my internal wounds.

If someone like Scott is what Marina needs, well, I suppose I can't really blame her. I'd once needed him too. I also know her need for acceptance and praise just like I do my own. The difference between her and I is that she still needs that from someone. She needs someone to please because she needs someone to tell her what a good girl she is. Her self-love and acceptance comes in the form of being used and abused. Mine no longer does.

"Alright, turn around." I whisper to Marina once Denver and Luke make it inside. Marina glares at me one more time before complying. "Listen, you know we can't just walk in there."

Technically, I'm sure that yes, we could just walk in there since we were physically capable. But, if we did, I'm sure Abner and Dalton would seize us immediately. My opportunity for vengeance wouldn't present itself if I were immediately obtained. Scott wouldn't trust a word out of Marina's mouth either if we did that.

Although, Marina believes we're here on a completely un-vengeance related reason. She thinks we're here to offer her release for my own. Give her back in return for my freedom from him. She still believes she's the one he wants and I guess, in this particular moment, I'm lucky for that.

Once I've tied the blindfold around Marina's eyes I undo the collar around my neck and place it around hers. The moment I begin to fasten the item I feel Marina try to jerk out of it. "Don't worry," I whisper down to her ear, "I'll make sure Scott knows you don't submit to anyone but him." Some of her tension relaxes but I can tell it's still there. Her tension is there because she knows damn well she'd submitted to Denver. She wants Denver.