6 | Clone

"I wanna see Tokyo Tower!" Hinata screeched, flying past Naomi as she stood up from her seat, pins and needles in her left foot.

"We've been here before, Hinata. The Tokyo Tower isn't around here." Daichi called after the human orange who had already leapt off the bus. Much slower, Naomi shuffled off the bus, grabbing her bag and wandering into the place they were staying, not bothering to wait for the rest of them.

"Where are you going, Koyama-senpai?" Yamaguchi called, watching her walk away.

"Bed." She grumbled, startling the team. She was never grumpy, or quiet. She was quite a loud and fun person most of the time, although she could occasionally be quite reserved. Had someone said something wrong?

Alas, they had done nothing, but in Naomi's mind, she had. She was the one who had been the backbone of her team, even if she wasn't the captain. She had been the Ace. She had been the Vice-Captain (which was actually accepted by her quite reluctantly). And she had been the one forced to move to Japan. To destroy the hopes of winning Nationals once more. Her world-famous international team that represented NSW as a side-job had lost. Not even lost. They never even got the chance to play.

Because of her.

The boys brushed it off, all getting ready for bed as the sun dipped underneath the horizon. Slotting herself in between the wall and Shimizu, Naomi felt her eyes flutter close, and back open as the morning sun filter through the curtains and fell onto her face.

She groaned, slowly waking up. Her surroundings were quiet, signalling that no one had woken up yet.

Or the team was actually being quiet, which she highly doubted.

Getting dressed, she made her way to where the boys had set up camp, most of them sprawled out of the futons. Tanaka snored quite loudly as she carefully stepped over body parts, getting closer to the curtained window.

Screeches filled the room as she yanked the curtains to the side, the bright sun startling everyone awake.

"I'm melting!" Hinata wailed, arms and legs going everywhere.

"You all have four minutes to get ready, we're leaving in five." She called, sending everyone into a whirlwind. The last thing she heard before the echoes of her sneakers drowned them out, was a very high-pitched screech from Tanaka once Nishinoya put his cold hands on his bare back.

She sighed, her breathe coming out as a cold. It would warm up quite quickly, especially when they began all their practice matches. 

Her breathe visibly lingered once more as she stepped outside, the bus parked on the curb. She knew it would get better when they got to the venue. It would have to.

Blinking out of her thoughts, she heard the door she had previously step through open, Sugawara leading the suddenly perky team. Had someone given them sugar already, or were they always like this?

He filed himself out of the way so everyone could haul themselves on the bus, standing next to Naomi.

"Are you alright, Naomi-chan?" He asked quietly, concern written all over his face. Her heart almost melted at the puppy dog eyes he didn't seem to know he was giving her.

"Been better." She grinned half-heartedly. "I'll be okay though." Scanning for any sign of her lying, Sugawara nodded, before moving aside so she could get on the bus.

"Naomi!" The bus simultaneously yelled, a smile unable to stop itself from sliding onto her face.

"Whose ready to play?" She yelled back, grinning. They roared in reply as she sat down next to Ukai. "Let's go kick some ass!"